Official complaint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official complaint

Over the past couple of years it has come to my attention that there are very few discussions on this message board about such things as 'hot bitches', 'shizzles', varieties of alcoholic beverage, old tennis shoes and indeed anything other than records.

This is slightly disturbing, is it not? Discuss.
    http://www.blaxploitation.com
    Chops for show, groove for dough.

... slightly unfair Edmundo, we have mentioned, in the past month alone, such cultural highlights as...

Rich Hero's beard, Sermad's potty habits, my appalling Tourettes Syndrome, Hadrian Elephant's hatred of all things feathery, getting drunk and creating imaginary battles between B-list celebrities.

... and I'm sure there are more !

I'll ask Rich to step in and continue, but knowing Rich's inability to retain information (another hot topic of conversation), he'll have forgotten most of them...  

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

How could you forget the great cheese debate??????
      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Sie Vulture @ July 13 2004,17:05)]I'll ask Rich to step in and continue, but knowing Rich's inability to retain information (another hot topic of conversation), he'll have forgotten most of them...  

Why you, er... Eh, what was that?  

Food in general, vegetables beginning with the letter C, Top Gear, Sermad's hair, Sermad's camo jacket, Sermad's fixation with 'Ginger Girl Aloud', Sermad's Street Sparrow, Nick's hangover's, Mike's former career as a champion pigeon fancier, Vibra's desire for a pink leather bag (hang on, that was a record bag though?), cats ( ), various celebrities' resemblances to VV alumni (Ollie Reed, Tim Westwood, Ardal O'Hanlon, Joe Pesci...). Ah, we need a Channel 4 clipshow with Vernon Kaye and Kate Thornton reminiscing about how they were here at the start.

(As you all well know, I'm trying my hardest to divert all talk on this board away from vinyl but it's too big a task for one man alone).
        You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

And Mark's just fulfilled our 'hot bitch' quota in the other thread. Thank goodness for that.  
          You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ July 13 2004,17:31)]cats ( )
            ah yes. i suppose you still remember the photos of brillo i posted, with the glowing eyes, rich!

the cheese debate was also a favourite of mine. i bought a few varieties in sainsbury's today, actually. port salut was on offer.

Comment

Well kids. There is 70 yes 70 pages of posts on this here forum...going all the way back to March 2003.

Get diggin' through the archives...yes debates on cheese, sausages, streetsparrow and much much more for those brave enough to look back that far...
              www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

...wallpapering, weeding, moans about the weather, amusing &#39;isn&#39;t life like that?&#39; tales, pottery, mugs (on ebay/at booters etc, as well as - courtesy of Nick&#39;s new signature - of the coffee holding variety), the behaviour of postmen, strange dance moves, heated debates about TV shows and celebs who deserve slow torture, foodstuffs, transport, politics, comedy (including many successful, and quite a few unsuccessful, attempts to provide it), libel, the etymology of playground insults, scraps, announcements of births, birthdays &amp; marriages (honestly, this place is like the nerds&#39; Tatler)...and on it goes.

Really, dig through those 70 odd back pages of the rubbish that gets talked hereabouts. All human life is there&#33; Just with more records than the average human would regard as strictly healthy, is all...
                a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

where&#39;s the kylie emoticom ?

Comment

What they said. Crisps, cheese, ice cream, telly, other stuff we collect and the psychology of collecting, footy, hair/facial hair...

BTW Rich, I have never described any such fetish for a pink leather bag, that was Sir Nick of Copeshire, when he stated he wanted to get some J-Lo stylee bling all up in his life. We all know I share Sermad&#39;s camo fixation. It&#39;s like a jungle sometimes..
                    Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

It&#39;s only like a jungle sometimes when all you Hoxton Camo jerks get on the same tube train at the same time...   Hey, did anyone watch The Shield last night? Hardcore script, excellent TV&#33; Now that&#39;s an LA cop show, not that Boomtown bullshit - that show started out good enough, with it&#39;s multiple viewpoint angle, but after a few shows it completely lost that aspect, but kept the edit structure. Basically, producers got nervous that the incredibly thick US audience would get confused and turn over to watch spork advetorials, so what you were left with was a boring cop show which kept repeating whatever happens every thirty seconds...

Oh, and did anyone watch Ramsey in a purple kitchen on E4? Nice show, got of lot of time for that fella, but someone needs to get Ramsey in the editing room and tell whoever chose those library cuts for the soundtrack to &#39;fucking sort it, yeah?&#39; Some of the music used on that show is diabolical.

And finally, the Magic Roundabout: wasn&#39;t that nice. Might have to go buy that video of The Blue Cat.   (not blue, but spooky)

Did anyone ever watch Kingpin? A Mexican Sopranos, ish. Started out good enough but halfway through it&#39;s first season, turned to utter utter shite. Was there ever a series two for this? Roll on the West Wing &amp; 6ft Under next week... Oh, and the new Sopranos too&#33; Shit, just remembered I gave up on the last Sop season cos I missed too many episiodes.... Fuck, need to catch up fast.

I&#39;m losing it people... help me&#33;

http://wakeupanddie.com
                      http://weirdgearnyc.com
                      http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

I&#39;ve already seen the new soprano&#39;s. OH MAN SOMEONES BOUT TO GET WHACK WHACKED&#33;

That magic roundabout doc was great fun. Yes &#39;Dougal and the blue cat&#39; looked an ace film.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (theeman @ July 12 2004,17:59)]&#39;shizzles&#39;
                          The other thing I was meaning to ask: what, if anything, is a &#39;shizzle&#39;? &#39;scuse me for not being down with the youngsters&#39; lingo and all...
                          a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (wayne @ July 14 2004,10:48)]
                            Originally posted by [b
                            The other thing I was meaning to ask: what, if anything, is a &#39;shizzle&#39;? &#39;scuse me for not being down with the youngsters&#39; lingo and all...
                            Any word you damn well please (looking at Sermads link&#33;&#33;&#33

As in &#39;Listen to this shizzle&#39; or &#39;It&#39;s the shizzle&#39;

When you get proficient with such profanity you can hit up the combos like;

&#39;Hey my dizzy, check the izzie on this bizzle, my shizzle - it&#39;s deffo the shizzie so skip the bozak and get with the dillo. hoLmes&#39;

Meaning;

&#39;Excuse me, chap. Would you like to check out this particular recording, my friend. It&#39;s definitely very fine, so I think you will like it in every way. My friend&#39;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (wayne @ July 14 2004,10:48)]
                              Originally posted by [b
                              http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shizzle&amp;r=f

Comment

Working...
                              X