Isis..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isis..

can anyone reccomend any of their lps? i notice one track is comped on teh finders keepers compilation, but don't have it myslef to check out..

thanks
    gareth

I think it's self titled - this is the one with 'April Fool' on. In my opinion that's the best track but 'Do The Football' is also pretty funky (it came out on a 45 too).
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ July 14 2004,16:18)]

I think it's self titled - this is the one with 'April Fool' on. In my opinion that's the best track but 'Do The Football' is also pretty funky (it came out on a 45 too).
      Never really liked that album as a whole. Some pretty naff singing on it, IMO.

Saw it recently sell for £40 and not it's on something like a $69.99 starting bid on ebay.

I'm confused.

Comment

Shouldn't be too difficult to find for around a tenner? I'm confused too...
        You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

hmmm, what is april fool like- disco funk? i've no idea.. might pick one up if i can find it for under a tenner

Comment

funky rock with big drums.
            We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (john stapleton @ July 14 2004,16:47)]funky rock with big drums.
              Breaks and flutes.     Not even a smidgen of disco.

Comment

MP3s here...

Comment

couldn't spot the mp3 on the page, but the description sounds good

Comment

the one pictured is a great album, with "april fool" on it. quite a few nice tracks in a funky rock / jazz kinda way. price on ebay tends to average out at about $20.00 (although I got mine for $5 so maybe if you're patient), but it's way over-priced from most uk dealers - just for a change..

did they do more than one album? i always thought they were a one hit wonder. would be interested to know.

Comment

this is a $5 record, and i highly recommend you dont pay over $5, not that good

Comment

Oops, that was the current page - they maybe still in the cache.

Personally I think 'April Fool' is class, and well worth a tenner (but that's just me). They also did a second, and maybe even a third, LP but I only know this one.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (vinylism @ July 14 2004,23:59)]did they do more than one album?
                          yep. they did another in '75, and one more in '78, i think.. can't remember the names and i've never heard them..

i hope 'stalin-man-of-steel' isn't on here, mo'fo' is out bidding me on my cheap copy on ebay

Comment

the second one is 'ain't no backing up now'...lots of tracks writtern by alain Toussant, but dont let that fool ya!

one very good track called 'do the football', or summat...just about worth the quid it set me back at the booter earlier this summer...

Comment

hayes, I got it for 4.99 on bay being the only bidder, so its not that sought after. I'll trade it to Tavernier if you want.
                              er

Comment

Working...
                              X