Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El topo

Hi VV's,

I recently found a copy of EL TOPO soundtrack for AU$2!!!! It's the version on Apple Records with a gatefold sleeve and booklet. Is this worth much?

David
    God bless Fatso.

I sold my on ebay last year for around £17.
    there only noodles michael...

Comment

sadly the one on apple isn't very good... it's the one on douglas that you want...
      http://www.blaxploitation.com
      Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Yeah I neeeeed that. Too pricey at the mo.
        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

I think lot&#39;s of people made that mistake ....
          the &quot;face one&quot; is the one to get stil don&#39;t pay too much.

Comment

The Shades of Joy one has a mad bit of text from the director about his inspiration. A flea indeed&#33;

Has anybody seen this film? Does anyone have a copy? I would love to watch it.
            records - one a week mixcloud
            records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

So whats the difference between the Douglas and Apple version besides the price?

D
              God bless Fatso.

Comment

&#39;Music Of El Topo&#39; (The Douglas mad face LP) features the directors music played by the cats from Shades of Joy. The LPs best track (for me) is the Howard Wales organ driven funk track &#39;Desert Is A Circle&#39;.

Not heard the Apple version. I believe its not good.
                records - one a week mixcloud
                records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

jodorowskys original lp is actually superb, not funky, but superb non-th-less. 300 rabbits.
                  shades of joys (greatful dead connection) version had a funked up version of desert is a circle, but has very little in line with the actual film, a celluloid masterpiece in itself.
                  holy mountain by jodorowsky and don cherry is a far superior score (&amp; flick) all round (been trying to re-issue it for some time now)

who digs s.o.j eponymous lp, a bit of a sweetwater/rotary connection on initial purchase. but could never make my mind up.
                  kraut rock ist nicht tot!
                  http://www.myspace.com/andyvotel
                  http://www.myspace.com/voteldesign

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (DOKO*ENO @ July 17 2004,12:30)]who digs s.o.j eponymous lp, a bit of a sweetwater/rotary connection on initial purchase. but could never make my mind up.
                    i was pretty disappointed with that one actually, nothing on it on a par with &quot;crying bag&quot;...

Comment

Working...
                    X