Ye olde weekend digs thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (mundayschild @ July 20 2004,23:17)]Blimey!, i didn't know that!.
    i say that subjectively, g!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (mundayschild @ July 20 2004,23:22)]Just as an aside to this Telex related stuff, wasn't Marc moulin in Telex?, i have an early seventies lp by him which is bonkers Moog jazz type stuff, very interesting but as before, not played for sometime.
      He was indeed, though the two bands could hardly have been more different.
      http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (mundayschild @ July 20 2004,23:17)]Blimey!, i didn't know that!.

Unlike 'The romantic sound of the moog' on Contour, not that i remember as i havent listened to that lp for years.
        The version of 'What The World Needs Now Is Love' on that LP is the best I've ever heard - yes, even better than Clive Dunn's! Sounds like it should be the theme tune to some 70s documentary series.

Funny how Romantic Moog seems to be the best selling Moog LP ever - I've got three or four copies here acquired in various job lots for a kick off!!

The Dan Lacksman version of 'Popcorn' is one of my personal favourites, and 'Coconut' was used on the test card, so needless to say I love it! (Chris Morris played Coconut as background music on his Radio 1 show too&#33

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ July 21 2004,00:20)]The Dan Lacksman version of 'Popcorn' is one of my personal favourites, and 'Coconut' was used on the test card, so needless to say I love it! (Chris Morris played Coconut as background music on his Radio 1 show too&#33
          coconut. that's the one.

Comment

'Popcorn' on 'Moog Party' Time is great. And I don't generally like that track. I'll have to give 'Coconut' another listen. If it has the Chris Morris seal of approval it needs a second appraisal. I also rather like 'Romantic Moog'. Cheesy though ity may be I prefer it to those wacky Perrey/Kingsley Moog things.

Comment

Working...
            X