Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jukebox question

I'll keep it simple !!
    Just bought one of these and was wondering if anyone knew anything at all about them?

The belt that runs round the record carousel has slipped off and i'm struggling with how it should go back on....the price of getting an engineer to it is way too high - and it's the only thing wrong with it [ i think!! ]
    i'm regretting this already...at least i found a brand new stylus inside !!
    Last edited by Sie-Fly; 09-09-2009, 10:38 PM. Reason: stoned and jukeboxed out !!
    Rockwell
    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

I don't have any advice for you I'm afraid but wanted to say congrats on your purchase! I'm dead jealous! I'd love to one day have a cool old jukebox. I've looked onto them on the past but reconditioned ones always seem to be crazy money :/ I did see one in an Oxfam in Leeds once and always regretted leaving it.

Anyway, hope you manage to get it fixed, good luck!

Comment

Quality mate

How many 45's does it take ? What are you gonna put in it ?
      SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

Originally posted by TOWNY View Post
        Quality mate

How many 45's does it take ? What are you gonna put in it ?
        100 45's mate - it was pre-loaded !!

kept 2 - miss you by the stones and telstar by the tornados . . . will be choosing good 2 siders carefully !!

might start a thread...
        Rockwell
        Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by flytipper View Post

kept 2 - miss you by the stones and telstar by the tornados . . . will be choosing good 2 siders carefully !!

might start a thread...
          one thing those wanky psych bootlegs are good for, jukeboxes
          new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

might start a thread...
            "ch ch ch, what's the matter wit you boy" always makes me smile that song two crackers to keep IMO!

Comment

Originally posted by Col Wolfe View Post
              one thing those wanky psych bootlegs are good for, jukeboxes
              for sure...anyone got any i can have for nowt ?
              Rockwell
              Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

It would be worth investing in a service manual for one of these

I go through John at Durfee Coin Op

With the aid of the exploded parts diagrams in the service manual i was able to fix the disc selecter mechanism on my AMI-Rowe jukebox no problems

Comment

thanks - it's just the belt i'm struggling with - found a manual on the bay for a tenner...
                  Rockwell
                  Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

When you get you manual if it has the exploded parts view you can check the arrangement of the drive belt around the tension rollers

I'm taking a rough guess that you would arange the belt through these in the correct order and then use the 'scan' function or whatever it is on your box to turn the record holder mechanism round to feed the belt back on at the top in a similar fashion to refitting a bike chain?

Comment

thanks mate - just mailed your nad album !!
                      Rockwell
                      Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

for sure...anyone got any i can have for nowt ?
                        I'll dig a couple out next week once I'm back from my mate's stag do. It's the least I can do considering your generosity mate.

Looks great btw - nice buy
                        Back and to the left... back and to the left... back and to the left

Comment

Good Stuff Flytipper.

I have a couple of Jukeboxes and have collected them since the early 80s.

Although I've never had one that "new" (it looks like a late 80's Rowe Ami? Not the easiest to work on...) its still nice to have!

The belt SHOULD go back on fairly easily...or has it fallen off because its worn and too slack?

I'm only in Hartlepool if you need me, plus I know a guy who runs between Tyneside and Redcar who is a JB mechanic...
                          "Warning...May Contain Oboes"

Comment

I know its my first post but I have been lurking for a while now & this looks like a good day out

http://www.jukeboxmadness.com/Default.aspx

Comment

Oh yeah, and I've got Factorys "Path Through The Forest" on mine!!!
                              "Warning...May Contain Oboes"

Comment

Working...
                              X