Hero no.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hero no.7

mr vibra kindly sent me the hero no.7 45 "keeping it real / be somebody" t'other day. thoroughly hammering the damn thing. what i want to know is if any of the heroes here could furnish me with a copy of "aint no party like a hero party" because i've never had the pleasure.

You say the nicest things Wooly! I'll have a look in the shed... And I'm up at Manzo's this weekend so we'll see if there's a spare that didn't get sent to Japan somewhere.
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

cheers rich. would be swell.

now... do you want a tube of solder?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] ]I'll have a look in the shed...
        That's what my Missus calls my record / decks room................cheeky mare!
        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (LDJB @ July 19 2004,15:50)]
          Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] ]I'll have a look in the shed...
          That's what my Missus calls my record / decks room................cheeky mare!
          i thought it was a "midden" round your way, lee. that's what my mum always says.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (wooly @ July 19 2004,15:33)]mr vibra kindly sent me the hero no.7 45 "keeping it real / be somebody" t'other day. thoroughly hammering the damn thing. what i want to know is if any of the heroes here could furnish me with a copy of "aint no party like a hero party" because i've never had the pleasure.

Ditto!

Although I think I may have already asked the mighty Manzo and drawn a blank ...
            FunkyDown
            Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Comment

Spares of that 12 are rare beasts, I've tried to get my mits on a handful in the past to no avail.

Rich, just grab them when Manzo isn't looking

Wooly : The Mr T ispeach is lifted from the VHS of 'Be Somebody or Be Somebody's Fool', I've got the 'Mr T's Commandments' LP, but I didn't know that there was an LP of 'Be Somebody'. Are you 100% on that ? Great video if you ever see it, his song about respecting your mother is a cracker....
              Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Dr Rubberfunk @ July 19 2004,16:04)]Although I think I may have already asked the mighty Manzo and drawn a blank ...
                Ah, the elusive one. Even more rare than a sighting of Colin Hero. Leave it with me gents, I'll ask Jim...

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ July 19 2004,16:09)]Rich, just grab them when Manzo isn't looking  
                  Yeah, but everything I've aquired by that method has *needed* returning at the earliest possible opportunity. That's the aural equivalent of playing Lucky Dip round at Mr. Trebus' house...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] ]The Mr T ispeach is lifted from the VHS of 'Be Somebody or Be Somebody's Fool', I've got the 'Mr T's Commandments' LP, but I didn't know that there was an LP of 'Be Somebody'. Are you 100% on that ? Great video if you ever see it, his song about respecting your mother is a cracker....
                    ah! no, i was getting my knickers in a twist as usual, going on memories of around 1984 or so.

i had the "commandments" album, too. i had the "be somebody" book, which is what i was thinking of!

i would love to see the video. sounds incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (wooly @ July 19 2004,16:16)]i would love to see the video. sounds incredible.
                      'Stay on the straight and narrow kids or you'll end up like that scary man with the jewellery and the funny hair'. A far better plan than 'just say no'...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (wooly @ July 19 2004,16:16)]i had the "commandments" album, too. i had the "be somebody" book, which is what i was thinking of!

i would love to see the video. sounds incredible.
                        Did the book also feature Mr T's attempts at breaking ? Another highlight of the VHS.
                        Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ July 19 2004,16:25)]Did the book also feature Mr T's attempts at breaking ? Another highlight of the VHS.
                          i believe there was some pictorial evidence of that!

i'm sure there was a little section on "style" as well, with some kid called jeff dressed up in 1950s hick garb and haircut.

it was a very odd book!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ July 19 2004,16:23)]
                            Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (wooly @ July 19 2004,16:16)]i would love to see the video. sounds incredible.
                            'Stay on the straight and narrow kids or you'll end up like that scary man with the jewellery and the funny hair'. A far better plan than 'just say no'...

...but as you will remember Rich, Mr T goes to great length to justify his atire at one point in the video. *Great* length.
                            Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (wooly @ July 19 2004,16:31)]
                              Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ July 19 2004,16:25)]Did the book also feature Mr T's attempts at breaking ? Another highlight of the VHS.
                              i believe there was some pictorial evidence of that!

i'm sure there was a little section on "style" as well, with some kid called jeff dressed up in 1950s hick garb and haircut.

it was a very odd book!  
                              Yeah, there is a full fashion show in the vid. I might just have to dig this out of the loft to watch again.....
                              Matt Hero

Comment

Working...
                              X