X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Rubberfunk
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ July 19 2004,16:09)]Spares of that 12 are rare beasts, I've tried to get my mits on a handful in the past to no avail.
    *minces out of pool in Mr.Güder's bikini*

Do I have to spell it out for you?

Oh Eight Hundred Arr Eee Pee Arr Eee Ess Ess!

It's the new way to dial limited edition ...

Leave a comment:

• Matt Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (wooly @ July 19 2004,16:31)]
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ July 19 2004,16:25)]Did the book also feature Mr T's attempts at breaking ? Another highlight of the VHS.
    i believe there was some pictorial evidence of that!

i'm sure there was a little section on "style" as well, with some kid called jeff dressed up in 1950s hick garb and haircut.

it was a very odd book!  
    Yeah, there is a full fashion show in the vid. I might just have to dig this out of the loft to watch again.....

Leave a comment:

• Matt Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ July 19 2004,16:23)]
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (wooly @ July 19 2004,16:16)]i would love to see the video. sounds incredible.
    'Stay on the straight and narrow kids or you'll end up like that scary man with the jewellery and the funny hair'. A far better plan than 'just say no'...

...but as you will remember Rich, Mr T goes to great length to justify his atire at one point in the video. *Great* length.

Leave a comment:

• wooly
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ July 19 2004,16:25)]Did the book also feature Mr T's attempts at breaking ? Another highlight of the VHS.
    i believe there was some pictorial evidence of that!

i'm sure there was a little section on "style" as well, with some kid called jeff dressed up in 1950s hick garb and haircut.

it was a very odd book!

Leave a comment:

• Matt Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (wooly @ July 19 2004,16:16)]i had the "commandments" album, too. i had the "be somebody" book, which is what i was thinking of!

i would love to see the video. sounds incredible.
    Did the book also feature Mr T's attempts at breaking ? Another highlight of the VHS.

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (wooly @ July 19 2004,16:16)]i would love to see the video. sounds incredible.
    'Stay on the straight and narrow kids or you'll end up like that scary man with the jewellery and the funny hair'. A far better plan than 'just say no'...

Leave a comment:

• wooly
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]The Mr T ispeach is lifted from the VHS of 'Be Somebody or Be Somebody's Fool', I've got the 'Mr T's Commandments' LP, but I didn't know that there was an LP of 'Be Somebody'. Are you 100% on that ? Great video if you ever see it, his song about respecting your mother is a cracker....
    ah! no, i was getting my knickers in a twist as usual, going on memories of around 1984 or so.

i had the "commandments" album, too. i had the "be somebody" book, which is what i was thinking of!

i would love to see the video. sounds incredible.

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ July 19 2004,16:09)]Rich, just grab them when Manzo isn't looking  
    Yeah, but everything I've aquired by that method has *needed* returning at the earliest possible opportunity. That's the aural equivalent of playing Lucky Dip round at Mr. Trebus' house...

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Dr Rubberfunk @ July 19 2004,16:04)]Although I think I may have already asked the mighty Manzo and drawn a blank ...
    Ah, the elusive one. Even more rare than a sighting of Colin Hero. Leave it with me gents, I'll ask Jim...

Leave a comment:

• Matt Hero
    replied
    Spares of that 12 are rare beasts, I've tried to get my mits on a handful in the past to no avail.

Rich, just grab them when Manzo isn't looking

Wooly : The Mr T ispeach is lifted from the VHS of 'Be Somebody or Be Somebody's Fool', I've got the 'Mr T's Commandments' LP, but I didn't know that there was an LP of 'Be Somebody'. Are you 100% on that ? Great video if you ever see it, his song about respecting your mother is a cracker....

Leave a comment:

• Dr Rubberfunk
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (wooly @ July 19 2004,15:33)]mr vibra kindly sent me the hero no.7 45 "keeping it real / be somebody" t'other day. thoroughly hammering the damn thing. what i want to know is if any of the heroes here could furnish me with a copy of "aint no party like a hero party" because i've never had the pleasure.

Ditto!

Although I think I may have already asked the mighty Manzo and drawn a blank ...

Leave a comment:

• wooly
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (LDJB @ July 19 2004,15:50)]
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I'll have a look in the shed...
    That's what my Missus calls my record / decks room................cheeky mare!
    i thought it was a "midden" round your way, lee. that's what my mum always says.

Leave a comment:

• LDJB
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I'll have a look in the shed...
    That's what my Missus calls my record / decks room................cheeky mare!

Leave a comment:

• wooly
    replied
    cheers rich. would be swell.

now... do you want a tube of solder?

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    You say the nicest things Wooly! I'll have a look in the shed... And I'm up at Manzo's this weekend so we'll see if there's a spare that didn't get sent to Japan somewhere.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X