X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manzo
    replied
    Don't call it a comeback...

I don't know; I disappear for the best part of a year (god knows how much piss-taking Rich has managed in that time), and what happens? We get our own thread, and some illustrious members of the cheese-erati are after copies of our twelve

Formigo, there is still a copy of the seven and a copy of the twelve sat in the record mailer that they were put into about 18 months ago! Rich said he had some stuff to send you, so it winged its way back to the darklands of Essex with him last night. I imagine that he'll mail it out to you at some point. I can't be arsed with PayPal, so mail or PM me, and we can sort a trade out, if you want.

Dr R.Funk, honestly, I'm sure that mail on this subject was never received at my end. I remember swapping a copy of the 45 for the first Guder 7" (I think I mailed you after hearing you on Craig Charles' show on Radio 6). I also remember promising to send you the cash for the second Guder that you put aside for me, which is as far as I got on that! But I'm pretty sure we never discussed the 12.

Also, as the one who had to deal with the sour taste of lost money, and from the eighteen long months it took to get the damn thing pressed up, whilst I ain't completely against the idea of a repress, I can't see it happening for a good long while. And that's a long while in Hero time, where one hero year appears to correspond to the best part of five of your earth years...

Anyway, back to the subject in hand. I do have some copies of the EP, so Colin, keep your soiled test pressing to yourself!

I've got to be honest with you all here; I've always regarded the remaining copies of the EP as the only way that I might get back some of the cash that this whole Hero escapade has cost me. Which is why I have them and the other heroes don't

Saying that, drop me a PM or mail, and I'm sure we can come to a suitably Vulture-esque accord.

Leave a comment:

• vibra
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (formigo @ July 25 2004,01:35)]You got my parcel yet? Ought to have arrived by now...
    Yes mate! Thanks, turned up a couple of weeks ago, and a great pair of LPs to boot. You should be in receipt of your trades by now too, let me know if/when you got 'em.

More game than Waddingtons..

Leave a comment:

• formigo
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (vibra @ July 21 2004,09:37)]
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (formigo @ July 21 2004,00:02)]I believe someone may still have a copy of the 45 with a PostIt note on it saying "give to formigo when he pays for it".
    Oh snap! If I'd known I could've furnished you with a copy in the trades package I mailed to you yesterday. I'll check stock when I get a chance and drop you a PM..
    Ah well, necks time eh?

You got my parcel yet? Ought to have arrived by now...

Leave a comment:

• sermad
    replied
    Believe it or not. I liked that record so much back in the day...I even *emailed* the dodgy email on the back to give my thanks. WHATAMISTAKE. Can't get rid of *that* Hero lot now!

Leave a comment:

• Matt Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (theeman @ July 23 2004,12:18)]a fantastic record. that cut and paste 102 track is superb.
    Thanks Ed...mind you, most copies have got their labels on backwards so it might be 1.01 rather than 1.02 that you liked.

I gave it a quick listen the other day, I'd forgotten just how libral a use we'd made of VHS cassettes on *that* EP too.

Leave a comment:

• theeman
    replied
    just wanted to say that i heard the legendary 'hero party' 12" for the first time yesterday and it was every bit as good as the hype suggested (and indeed probably better).

a fantastic record. that cut and paste 102 track is superb.

it would be tragic if this wasn't available to a wider audience.

Leave a comment:

• vibra
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (formigo @ July 21 2004,00:02)]I believe someone may still have a copy of the 45 with a PostIt note on it saying "give to formigo when he pays for it".
    Oh snap! If I'd known I could've furnished you with a copy in the trades package I mailed to you yesterday. I'll check stock when I get a chance and drop you a PM..

Leave a comment:

• formigo
    replied
    I believe someone may still have a copy of the 45 with a PostIt note on it saying "give to formigo when he pays for it".

Of course I've never had any method of paying for it save bankrupting myself attempting to convert small denominations into UK sterling. The bank fees are a bastard.

Me and PayPal are on speaking terms again if that's any use...

Leave a comment:

• theeman
    replied
    there are copies of that Hero Party 12" online if you look hard... and not just in Japan either...

Leave a comment:

• Dr Rubberfunk
    replied
    oops. sorry chaps

Leave a comment:

• vibra
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ July 20 2004,09:23)]Still copies of the 45 knocking about though Vibes ?
    Only a tiny handful left in my possession, but should still be available from a few online stores, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (vibra @ July 20 2004,09:04)]
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Dr Rubberfunk @ July 19 2004,17:47)]Do I have to spell it out for you?

Oh Eight Hundred Arr Eee Pee Arr Eee Ess Ess!
    Oh no, not this again.. *shudder*
    I should add at this stage, that there is no chance of a repress of this EP for a whole bunch of reasons - not least of all, that the whole sorry deal with the proceeds of that EP leave a bit of a sour taste in the mouth.

Still copies of the 45 knocking about though Vibes ?

Leave a comment:

• vibra
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Dr Rubberfunk @ July 19 2004,17:47)]Do I have to spell it out for you?

Oh Eight Hundred Arr Eee Pee Arr Eee Ess Ess!
    Oh no, not this again.. *shudder*

Leave a comment:

• Colin Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (wooly @ July 19 2004,15:33)]mr vibra kindly sent me the hero no.7 45 "keeping it real / be somebody" t'other day. thoroughly hammering the damn thing. what i want to know is if any of the heroes here could furnish me with a copy of "aint no party like a hero party" because i've never had the pleasure.

If anyone's really, really desperate for a copy I do have one spare test press complete with limited edition grubby finger marks, original surface scratches and free bonus pen marks on the label but there no extra copies of the full release that I can get my hands on.

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied

I can tell you haven't heard it - if we repressed it it'd remove all the enigma that surrounds the mythic creature.

And that's a verbal warning for sullying the Kylie emoticon with references to Holly Valance.  

Leave a comment:

Working...
X