'top gear'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'top gear'

Yes, I know some of you watch it so... Anyone notice the jazz track playing during Richard Hammond's bit about the Rover engine? The one that sounds a little like 'Saturday Gigue'? I've been trying to identify it and it's driving me nuts. It keeps popping up on all sorts of crappy lifestyle shows('Antique's Auction' or whatever, with Lynda Bellingham) and superior motoring programmes, but I have not been able to nail it to a single one that puts its tracklists on the web or is contactable. Anyone?
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Saw it, heard it, didn't know it. Made me want a V8 Rover though for some reason.

Have you tried emailing the top gear office?
    FunkyDown
    Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Comment

They seem to be well fond of JTQ stuff on Top Gear. Bizarrely people put Top Gear episodes on file sharing networks. I'll see if I can grab it and mp3 the music.

Sorry but TG makes me want to pull my eyes out. Well any part of it that doesn't have the Ford GT 40....
      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Dr Rubberfunk @ July 21 2004,15:30)]Saw it, heard it, didn&#39;t know it. Made me want a V8 Rover though for some reason.

Have you tried emailing the top gear office?
        Well, I tried using the contact link on the website but the reply you get is...

Thanks for your email. Unfortunately we can&#39;t reply to all the messages we get but if it catches Jeremy&#39;s eye we&#39;ll definitely be in touch.
        If you missed Top Gear this week we are sorry but the programme is not repeated on the BBC channels and we are unable to supply VHS copies of past programmes.

Best Wishes,

Top Gear
        You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

As far as I can remember, all the tracks from that sequence were taken from the Atmosphere library CD &#39;Kitsch 2&#39;.

I don&#39;t know Saturday Gigue, but am I correct in thinking that track was composed by Ken Moule? In which case, the piece in question could be Moule&#39;s &#39;Mae West&#39;, which is track 2 on that CD.

I&#39;ve got said CD if you&#39;d like a copy of it to verify.

Comment

I&#39;m almost certain that you&#39;re right Lord T. I had a hunch that it was Ken Moule when I first heard it (the sound and the similarity to &#39;Saturday Gigue&#39 so I&#39;ll try and find copy of the LP... Cheers&#33;

&lt;edit&gt;

Bugger, just missed a copy on the &#39;Bay (bit pricey innit&#33.

Comment

Rich - there&#39;s a 45 (Mr D&#39;s got one) but that&#39;s probably pricey too - you can also hear it on one of them &#39;Planet of the Breaks&#39; comps (which is where I have it  ).

Now you come to mention it, it does sound very similar to &#39;Saturday Gigue&#39;.
              "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (LDJB @ July 21 2004,16:10)]Rich - there&#39;s a 45...
                Aaaghhh&#33;&#33;&#33; You shouldn&#39;t tell me things like that&#33;

(Cheers Lee&#33.

Comment

Blimey, some very dubious looking sites turn up if you Google &quot;Mae West&quot; and Moule.

Comment

Ken Moule&#39;s &#39;Mae West&#39; track is from the London Jazz Chamber group&#39;s 1970 &#39;Adam&#39;s Rib Suite&#39; on Ember. A very difficult British jazz LP to turn up (most dealers do it for £60+ on the occasions they have a copy) and is well worth it for the track in question.

It features a stellar line up (Kenny Wheeler, Roy Willox etc) and Ronnie Stephenson&#39;s drumming is incredible throughout.
                    A leaping rocker with a strong mood, a moderate beat and a safari feel.

Comment

Working...
                    X