Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beatle barkers

Hi Vultures,

I was wondering if anyone can shed some light onto this extraordinary work of art (or is it arf&#33. Some say it was recorded in the 80's and some say earleir than that. Others have said it was recorded in Australia. If so, I'll track down the culpurits and interview them.
    Can anyone help?

D

http://www.franklarosa.com/vinyl/Exhibit.jsp?AlbumID=67
    God bless Fatso.

I stumbled across that site a couple of years ago and showed it to a friend who managed to get a copy of the CD.

Although what he got has a different title, I'm assuming it's essentially the same thing, I can't imagine there are many albums of Beatles songs by dogs.

I got a copy off him and it's called 'Live from the Pound the Beatles: A Parody' with no credits to who recorded it. it's on Dove Audio and I think it was around 1995.

The version I have has the classic Abbey Road crossing picture, but with them all walking their dogs.

PM me if you's like a copy... not one you'll listen to much, but hilarious none-the-less!
    Official Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts available at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

Comment

Didn't someone place this in their V V Chart one month... ? ? ?

I've a feeling it was Formigo, which would figure with the Aussie connection...

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

There's a track or two on Beatles Exotica a comp on el/cherry red records. Very stupid indeed but not as wodnerful as Flying by Frank Sidebottom.....with lyrics.
        Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

I think the lad Formigo does indeed have a slight obsession with that LP - I'm sure he used a snippet of it on a mix he sent me.
          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (soundsville @ July 22 2004,05:01)]Hi Vultures,

I was wondering if anyone can shed some light onto this extraordinary work of art (or is it arf&#33. Some say it was recorded in the 80's and some say earleir than that. Others have said it was recorded in Australia. If so, I'll track down the culpurits and interview them.
            Can anyone help?

D

http://www.franklarosa.com/vinyl/Exhibit.jsp?AlbumID=67
            I've got this lp somewhere - I'll try to dig it out over the weekend, if I can find it you're welcome to it if you don't have a copy. I actually picked it up in a charity shop in Australia, but I can't remember anything about the sleeve credits...
            We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Hi John,

I do have a copy of this. A mate of mine has it at the moment. I played a track off the exotica bealtes cd which features LOVE ME DO on my radio show; and a listener enquired about it. If this was recorded in sydney, I'll try to track the people down and get a story on it.

Thanks for the offer.

David
              God bless Fatso.

Comment

Soundsville - you ever come across an LP by the Glen Carter 5 called an Invitation to dance - aussie release/album, late 60's - mostly cheese but it has a stonking cover of 'yesterday' ??

Comment

Yeah, 'twas none other who charted the Beatle Barkers many moons ago...

It really is a dreadful LP. Not merely in terms of the astonishing concept, they cover all the worst Beatles hits ("Ob La Di" etc). "Hard Day's Night" is probably the only tolerable one on there from memory. Including something like "Eleanor Rigby" might've lifted this into secret squirrel mixtape fodder.

My copy is on "Music World" which as far as I have been able to determine is exclusively a New Zealand label. However I think they pretty much licensed everything from elsewhere, so I've no idea as to its original provenance.

The barking melodies are obviously achieved using early sampler/MIDI technologies (samples layed out over a keyboard and played back at different sample read rates to achieve pitch shifting) which would place it in the early 80s at the very earliest.

There's sheep and chickens on there as well as dogs. I have played this record in a club but that's another story.

...I do see the odd copy from time to time so if anyone is foolish enough to want one, let me know...

Comment

I have tracked down the man behind Beatle Barkers. His name is Roy Nicolson. He recorded the lp way back in the early 80's. Its a project he would rather forget but is happy to talk about it nonetheless. He produced the group THE COCKROACHES who are now known as the Wiggles!!

Stayed tuned!

David
                    God bless Fatso.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (rolex baxter @ July 22 2004,13:12)]Soundsville - you ever come across an LP by the Glen Carter 5 called an Invitation to dance - aussie release/album, late 60's - mostly cheese but it has a stonking cover of 'yesterday' ??
                      Hello Mr Baxter.

Unfortunatley I haven't heard of that lp.

D
                      God bless Fatso.

Comment

By the Wiggles, are you referring to the remarkable Australian kids TV entertainers of that name? Blimey, Mr Nicholson can pick 'em!

Comment

Working...
                        X