Downhill racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downhill racer

anyone catch the wonderfully 60's-eurotrash-tastic 'Downhill Racer' on telly last night....spotted a couple of quite fruity funkers on the soundtrack...and they cut the credits right off so i never found out who done it! anyone have any clues???

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (chrisvulture @ July 23 2004,13:38)]anyone catch the wonderfully 60's-eurotrash-tastic 'Downhill Racer' on telly last night....spotted a couple of quite fruity funkers on the soundtrack...and they cut the credits right off so i never found out who done it! anyone have any clues???
    'Twas someone callled Kenyon Hopkins.
    Endless Tripe

Comment

kenyon hopkins was a major (mostly jazz) soundtrack composer for a number of very influential key movie scores in the 60s, such as Mister Buddwing, Baby Doll etc.
      http://www.blaxploitation.com
      Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

hmmmm...was there ever an OST release then? i counted a good handful of groovers in the Francis Lai mould

Comment

lots of info on Kenyon Hopkins here . . . Kenyon Hopkins ( no relation )
          Laminated with Clarifoilâ„¢

also see : davidhopkinson.org

Comment

i really rate that Mister Buddwing by the way - it's a really excellent funky jazz old school out of the Jimmy Smith bag type of a record. no credited musicians but it does sound like Jimmy on keys on that Westside Radio track.
            http://www.blaxploitation.com
            Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (theeman @ July 23 2004,17:37)]i really rate that Mister Buddwing
              Dig the 'Moon Gas' era Creed Taylor production on that OST too!
              Go on wit'cha bad elf

Comment

Working...
              X