Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another one gone

Vultures,

I read this post on the weirdomusic yahoo group.

Italian composer Piero Piccioni, who wrote music for more than 100 movies in Italy and abroad has died in Rome. He was 82. During his career Piccioni worked with Roberto Rossellini, Luchino Visconti and Jean-Luc Godard. The Italian news agency ANSA said Piccioni died suddenly in his apartment in the capital on Friday night.
    Born in Turin, in north-western Italy, Piccioni debuted as a pianist in the late 1930s and then worked in a jazz orchestra in the early 1940s. A few years later he started composing for the big screen, the first steps in a career that would span four decades. In 1957 he wrote the soundtrack for Dino Risi’s comedy “Poor But Handsome”. In the 1960s Piccioni worked with Mauro Bolognini on “Bell’Antonio”, starring Marcello Mastroianni and Claudia Cardinale, with Rossellini in “Anima Nera” (Black Soul), starring Vittorio Gassman, with Godard in “Contempt” starring Brigitte Bardot and with Visconti in “The Stranger” based on the novel by Albert Camus.
    One of his most famous works was the soundtrack for Francesco Rosi’s “The Mattei Affair” in 1972. Piccioni also wrote the music for films by Lina Wertmuller, including “All Screwed Up” in 1973 and “Swept Away” a year later. Throughout his career, Piccioni kept up a prolific collaboration with Alberto Sordi, the Italian actor and director who passed away last year. Piccioni composed the soundtrack for dozens of Sordi’s movies, including “Help Me My Love”, “Stardust” and “While There’s War There’s Hope”.

D

PS....No mention of "the 10th Victim"?!?!
    God bless Fatso.
Working...
X