Geoff love 'hair'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geoff love 'hair'

Did this get a UK release? I'm guessing it didn't and if it didn't does anyone know why not? And most importantly is it worth grabbing? Cheers.  

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Blighty @ July 26 2004,18:40)]Did this get a UK release? I'm guessing it didn't and if it didn't does anyone know why not? And most importantly is it worth grabbing? Cheers.  
    If you or anyone else doesn't want this lemme know. I still need a copy

Comment

I saw a hair I'd never seen before on sunday. Something krishva or sommet. Any sound like that?
      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Funky Guzzo @ July 26 2004,18:50)]
        Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Blighty @ July 26 2004,18:40)]Did this get a UK release? I&#39;m guessing it didn&#39;t and if it didn&#39;t does anyone know why not? And most importantly is it worth grabbing? Cheers.  
        If you or anyone else doesn&#39;t want this lemme know. I still need a copy
        America is one of the countries it did get released in Guzzo. I thought it would be common there. I guess not. I almost had a copy of it on Saturday. I was two boxes away.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Blighty @ July 26 2004,19:44)]
          Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Funky Guzzo @ July 26 2004,18:50)]
          Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Blighty @ July 26 2004,18:40)]Did this get a UK release? I&#39;m guessing it didn&#39;t and if it didn&#39;t does anyone know why not? And most importantly is it worth grabbing? Cheers.  
          If you or anyone else doesn&#39;t want this lemme know. I still need a copy
          America is one of the countries it did get released in Guzzo. I thought it would be common there. I guess not. I almost had a copy of it on Saturday. I was two boxes away.  
          maybe I got a copy &amp; just don&#39;t know that G.Love conducted it, does anyone have a picture they can post up of this LP?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] ] saw a hair I&#39;d never seen before on sunday. Something krishva or sommet. Any sound like that?
            Don Krishner? If so then yeah it&#39;s OK -instrumental too.
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Don&#39;t suppose this could be a foreign issue of the Jason Ryder Sound LP on MFP, could it? Allan Lockey produced that, and I know Geoff did some work with him (they collaborated on the Pinky &amp; Perky LPs&#33. I strongly suspect Jason Ryder was a pseudonym, and it&#39;s not impossible it could be Geoff.

Comment

Cheers lee. Krishner it must be. I was rapid fire digging (Japanese Black Belt Stylee - Anyone at a record fair will know what I mean) and I didn&#39;t give it a thought until I got home that I hadn&#39;t seen it before.
                www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ July 26 2004,21:33)]Don&#39;t suppose this could be a foreign issue of the Jason Ryder Sound LP on MFP, could it? Allan Lockey produced that, and I know Geoff did some work with him (they collaborated on the Pinky &amp; Perky LPs&#33. I strongly suspect Jason Ryder was a pseudonym, and it&#39;s not impossible it could be Geoff.
                  Maybe. I don&#39;t think that Jason Ryder album sounds like Geoff Love though. It&#39;s too &#39;ghetto&#39;. I&#39;ll have to give it another listen though.

Guzzo, the US version has a blue cover with a cartoon drawing of a geezer with big hair.

Comment

I think I had that one a few years ago.

It&#39;s an Alyn Ainsworth job I think. If we&#39;re thinking of the same LP, it&#39;s the one Pete Rock sampled &#39;Where Do I Go?&#39; from.

Doesn&#39;t turn up much really. I&#39;ve only had that one copy and I&#39;m pretty sure it was a US issue.
                    Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

OK here&#39;s the Hair 101 question - how many versions are there? (Roughly).

I got a French version recently and am wondering what I am letting myself potentially get sucked into.
                      Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (Benicio Del Toffo @ July 27 2004,09:20)]I think I had that one a few years ago.

It&#39;s an Alyn Ainsworth job I think. If we&#39;re thinking of the same LP, it&#39;s the one Pete Rock sampled &#39;Where Do I Go?&#39; from.

Doesn&#39;t turn up much really. I&#39;ve only had that one copy and I&#39;m pretty sure it was a US issue.
                        Oh yeah I got the Alyn Ainsworth LP on both the Pickwick and the Sears-Roebuck labels, I think it also had an austrailian release but I may be wrong about that

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] ]OK here&#39;s the Hair 101 question - how many versions are there? (Roughly).
                          Rich - you&#39;re on.
                          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (LDJB @ July 27 2004,10:23)]Rich - you&#39;re on.
                            He&#39;s certainly on something&#33; In an attempt to speed up my efforts to fix my PC at the weekend, he announced that he would be playing Hair 45s until I fixed it. I think that he must have confused me with Colin, as it didn&#39;t bother me, but shit, he sure does have a lot of Hair releases&#33;
                            Don't call it a comeback... H, N, and the number 7.
                            Ok, it's a bit of a comeback, I suppose...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (Benicio Del Toffo @ July 27 2004,09:20)]It&#39;s an Alyn Ainsworth job I think. If we&#39;re thinking of the same LP, it&#39;s the one Pete Rock sampled &#39;Where Do I Go?&#39; from.
                              Also on Major Minor (I think you&#39;re right Ben about this being the Alyn Ainsworth one) with a black cover with a yellow afro on it. Also saw a copy of the same LP on Soulman&#39;s auction with multicoloured concentric afros (make&#39;s sense only if you know the cover, I guess). And Pete Rock sampled &#39;Where Do I Go&#39; from this one for... Er, a Pete Rock and CL Smooth track off &#39;Mecca And The Soul Brother&#39;. So it &#39;should&#39; turn up given the number of presses it had. I like the music, especially &#39;What A Piece Of Work Is Man&#39 but the female lead is a bit amateur operatic.

As for the number of versions, I have no idea&#33; I&#39;m well into the twenties now and Blighty and Lee keep pimping ones I&#39;ve never seen.    Best leave well alone ETK - get out with your sanity while you still can.  
                              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Working...
                              X