Hf&s july 29: dj special: fryer motherfunk +

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hf&s july 29: dj special: fryer motherfunk +

Thursday July 29: Super dupa funk 45 birthday party DJ special: Fryer "bÂ’day boy" Motherfunk, Keb Darge, Ian Wright, Jazzman Gerald, James Trouble & Nick Cope.

Hot, Funky & Sweaty. Every Thursday at The Salmon & Compass, 58 Penton St (corner of Penton & Chapel Mrkt), Angel, London N1. 8pm-2am. £2 (cheap&#33

Yes, your eyes did not deceive you: all of the above, playing on the same night for two quid. The masters of the funk universe all getting pissed at the same time... If you donÂ’t recognise the names in bold type above then I congratulate you on having a life, unlike those doomed to coveting little 7" discs of vinyl & styrene. If you do know those names, then youÂ’ll also know what an event this will surely be - If funk was a building society that just got mutualised, then tonight is the funk windfall - funk for everybody!

How was this possible? Well itÂ’s all to do with a perky little Scot by the name of Fryer Motherfunk (not his real surname). As well as being the principle guest DJ for this, the fourth DJ only HF&S session, itÂ’s also FryerÂ’s 30th birthday.

Fryer is the man behind the most successful funk night in Scotland: Motherfunk – playing to a 500 strong Edinburgh dancefloor each week. Fryer also started his 45 re-issue label, Fryer’s Records, not too long ago. His first 45, an unreleased mix of Barbara Lynn’s ‘I’m A Good Woman’ has been flying out the shops.

So it comes as no surprise that our Fryer is somewhat the mover and shaker in the little funk 45 universe, dragging along with him this Thursday night a gert-big list of reprobates. There won’t be a higher concentration of funk in a 120 capacity room anywhere on this planet this year. It’s gonna be a lorra fun and of course, you’re all invited – don’t miss this one!

Check FryerÂ’s wares at: http://www.fryersrecords.co.uk/

http://wakeupanddie.com
    http://weirdgearnyc.com
    http://makethingsmatter.com

Gutted this is clashing with the Chill - should be spectacular!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRYER!!!

And in keeping with tradition, I put 'Fryer' and 'Cake' into Google and...

Seems quite cheap, wonder if they do 45's?
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

If fryer is down there for 6 then I'll swing by for a jar. gotta go home and pack tonite!
      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

na dont bother if your in a hurry serms, enjoy your weekend lads,

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (motherfunk @ July 29 2004,14:27)]na dont bother if your in a hurry serms, enjoy your weekend lads,

still gonna be there early doors Mr Fry?

Getting any nosh first round there? let me know you old thirty nothing....

Comment

yea im gonna go to the 3 quid vegy indian, although i scoffed at liam and francis for going i went myself and its actualy quite good, so if you wanna go about 6-6:30 let me know

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (motherfunk @ July 29 2004,15:52)]yea im gonna go to the 3 quid vegy indian, although i scoffed at liam and francis for going i went myself and its actualy quite good,  so if you wanna go about 6-6:30 let me know
              Sounds good.

I&#39;m sure Alexei Sayle was talking about that place in room 101 last night  (not in a bad way - just as an example of one of the cheapest all you can eat places in London&#33 - strangely enough

Anyway - meet you in Disque at 6ish ???

Comment

sounds good zzzeeee ya there

Comment

Eeeeh fryer. you gonna be down this veggie curry place at 6 or in the salmon?
                  www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X