Shameless self promotion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (sermad @ July 28 2004,20:26)]Cool dave. ok GIMME A RING! Gutted I missed chatting last year. Your zabriske point set was one of the highlights! You got walktie talkies?
    Cheers, Serms on the zabriske - would have been good if we had got our proposal in with the Phase IV re-edit and score this time - with the Saul Bass retrospective going on at the moment and all, but hey ho. We did it at ashton court and the power went just at the climax - like the ants won!

We'll probably be down on the Saturday - putting on Biosphere in Bristol on Friday as a warm up, then coming down with him ( he's playing bc on Saturday ).

Gonna check out maplins for the walkie talkie deal at maplins . .
    Meanwhile, I won't phone cos I've lost your phone number!
    Laminated with Clarifoil™

also see : davidhopkinson.org

Comment

wasnt the other featured mix on this show avalible to stream online afterwards? or am i mixing things up... anyways, i'd like to hear that mix blightly.. missed it

Comment

It will apparently be archived but I'm not sure when. I'm sure David will have more info on that. In the interim if you want a CD-R then just PM me your address. I finally got a new tower of Discrites so I can be generous with my buring once more.

Comment

It *should* now be accessible from here . . . http://dialect.bettercode.com/pub/ha..._20040728.html

Comment

that would be smashing Blighty! Im located in Sweden tho, but I could send you something in return

Comment

Up now at http://dialect.bettercode.com/pub/ha..._20040728.html with tracklisting

Comment

Blighty - if you need the Russian record sleeve translated, pop a pic of it up here. One of my less useful skills is an ability to read Russian - no idea what any of it means, mind you!

Comment

You are a star, Lord T.

If you need a bigger scan of the back sleeve text click here. If you can work out the year that would be great.

Comment

Right, well, it seems to be roughly like this:

(Bearing in mind I appear to have forgotten what the Russian 'y' stands for&#33

Front cover: Zyerkalo Duschi

Back cover:

Alla Purgacheva

Pesni iz alboma

Zyerkalo Duschi

Bubyen Shamana
                    Byeroo V Tebyar
                    Sonet (I think - can't quite make it out)
                    Prieztsai (can't remember what that big spidery one means - I think it's 'TS&#39
                    Nye Otrekayoot (can't read the rest)
                    Pyesyenka Pro Meniyar
                    Tsyenschina Kotorayar Poyet

© Aprelyevski ordyenya lenina zabvod gramplastinok

Well, I think that's a reasonable approximation - if there's any experts here who could correct any mistakes (and there probably are a couple - it's a long time since I've done this) and perhaps provide English translations, do step forward!

Comment

Cheers Lord T. At least I can call it something now.

Comment

a bit more info about alla's lp..

the album is called 'mirror of the soul'. the track in question (track 1 side a) is called 'witch-doctor's tambourine', and is taken from a film whose name escapes me right now.. at least one other track on the a-side is from another film too  

Comment

Ooh wow. Thank you. Great title. If you can remember what the film is called then that would be great. Not that I'm likely to see it. Or understand it if I did.

Comment

yeah, definitely a good title!

i have the film's name in my sketchbook but forgot it at home today.. i'll stick it up when i remember to bring it in

Comment

here's the rest of the info..

the film the 1st track is taken from is called 'the centre forward from the skies'.. -that's now raced up my list of films to find/watch!!

the 2nd track on side a is called 'believe in yourself', and is from a film called 'the basket-ball players'

the 3rd track on side a is called 'sonnet', and the lyrics are translations of one mr shakespeare

nothing of note about the b-side material though

Comment

Superb. I big thank you again, Mr Hayes. That album has been a mystery to me for a few years now. The ever knowledgable Vinyl Vultures come through again.

Comment

Working...
                                X