Ooofff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooofff!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1078&item= 4026992348&rd=1
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

I'm almost tempted (well, if I had the money to spend) - but surely they'd get more selling them separately. An unplayed 'Dusk Fire' ! I've got the live LP, but never had a sniff of the others. And they do play at 33.3 rmp, after all.
    We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

This seller is around here somewhere. Why didn't he offload this lot at the local Cancer Reserch?  
      Back to Neuuuuuuuuuu!

Comment

Damn, Tony and Karen sure have balls.

Four records at 700 quid starting price buried between old furniture and a "Garage Cupboard of Reclaimed Pine"

Wow.

Comment

Still, as they stated... there's no reserve
          Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Dyaaaamn!  How did he get a photograph of my bedroom wall?!?    To be honest, if I found any of these in my local sue ryder I'd probably have a heart attack before I'd left the shop.

This really is the sort of ebay bargain that makes me wish I had a secret stash of gold bullion.  If I remember correctly the last Shades of Blue that went on ebay ended up at about £600+, and looking through the popsike archive it looks like you'll need your own printing press for dusk fire.
            A ECOUTER FORT, INVITEZ VOS VOISINS!"Hear this disc loud. Squat your neighbours' ears"

Comment

Sorry for being the token ignoramus, but what kind of stuff is "Dusk Fire" ? Classic Brit-jazz ??

I'll be looking for this one down at the local car boot sale. . .
              (which coincidentally is in Brixton. Last one I went too, a Chinese vendor of bootleg DVD's grabbed a metal bar and was about to maul some little shits who tried pinching DVD's and slapped his woman. The excitement !&#33.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Viva Chiba @ July 30 2004,21:25)]Sorry for being the token ignoramus, but what kind of stuff is "Dusk Fire" ? Classic Brit-jazz ??

I'll be looking for this one down at the local car boot sale. . .
                (which coincidentally is in Brixton. Last one I went too, a Chinese vendor of bootleg DVD's grabbed a metal bar and was about to maul some little shits who tried pinching DVD's and slapped his woman. The excitement !&#33.
                Yes, very tasty jazz, regardless of it being british or not. The track "dusk fire" has been comped on the first volume of Giles Peterson's Impressed compilations which is about as close as I'll get to it on vinyl unless some clever dicky re-issues these discs on glorious wax. (I think "shades of blue" has been re-issued on CD, jap only import but I may be mistaken). If you find it at a booter I'll buy you a !

So did that DVD seller get the chance to practice his cover drive on those scallywags? Not only the cheek of pilfering his gaffy goods but giving his missus a slap! How come none of this Eastenders drama ever happens at the booters & fairs I've been to!
                A ECOUTER FORT, INVITEZ VOS VOISINS!"Hear this disc loud. Squat your neighbours' ears"

Comment

Because it's in Brixton, which is an impoverished shithole for the most part. Ergo the kiddies have nothing better to do than pinch crap Chinese bootlegs of tomorrow's Hollywood shite rather than pay the token £4 per disk or whatever. Still, it yields the occasional interesting thing (got this "Raymond Maclean" dance LP with loads of chilled breaks on it. . .)

Aaanyway. The guy looked really mad, dashed to another stall and picked up this metal implement. . .maybe it was a spanner or similar tool. . .then started dashing through the crowd to maim the young ruffians. Hardcore ! Some of the other sellers restrained him before any GBH could ensue, unfortunately.

Formerly, I attended the car boot sale at Wood Green, in norf Laandun. Got an Amon Duul Yeti from there and a crate of old hardcore for 20p a record !! Anyway, those ppl from the atrocious BBC show "Car Booty" were there once.

I recall the so called "adviser" on the show valuing some priceless Cliff Richard LP (£60 in the book, and it was autographed) at tuppence . . .I think they sold it for a fiver and the sellers thought they got a good deal. Duurrrrr. . .

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Viva Chiba @ July 31 2004,00:44)]I recall the so called "adviser" on the show valuing some priceless Cliff Richard LP (£60 in the book, and it was autographed) at tuppence . . .I think they sold it for a fiver and the sellers thought they got a good deal. Duurrrrr. . .
                    I saw that show this week, and they were trying to flog some trophy from Shane Richie's 'Lucky Numbers' (signed, mind you) for a score! I wouldn't trust those people as far as I could throw 'em - I mean, it's not like it's a Game For A Laugh perspex brick, is it? (Now I would pay £20 for one of those - always wanted one&#33

I've come to the conclusion the reason unemployment's going down is because people are doing any job just to avoid all the feeble Bargain Hunt clones on daytime telly. Bring back 'Pages From Ceefax', I say!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ July 31 2004,11:50)]Bring back 'Pages From Ceefax', I say!
                      damn right, thames!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (LDJB @ July 28 2004,23:02)]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1078&item= 4026992348&rd=1
                        finally went for £720, which is a real bargain. It was already higher than that when I looked yesterday morning, but the seller cancelled three bids because he would only ship to the UK
                        How stupid is that? they're obviously local obscenely rare jazz records for local people. How long before they're back on the bay individually?
                        We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (Raj Mann @ July 30 2004,21:59)](I think "shades of blue" has been re-issued on CD, jap only import but I may be mistaken). If you find it at a booter I'll buy you a !
                          You can get Shades and Dusk from BGO: http://www.bgo-records.com/detailsBG...logNo=BGOCD615
                          Errr..Hambone?

Comment

talking of cool Brit jazz, anyone know of a DICK MORRISSEY - STORM WARNING reissue?
                            http://www.iueke.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X