Score !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Score !

Got a nice copy of Brian Bennett's "Drama Montage" at MVE Notting Hill for £14 !! Cop-tastic.

Aw, why wasn't it there last week when I was?  

Nice find!

Comment

Mwahahah. They did have some other interesting library stuff though. . that Alan Parker LP with "Swirl" on it looked good. Think it was £20ish. . .Maybe a 1-tracker though ??

Oddly I had the other Bruton release that compiled half of Drama Montage with Francis Monkman's "Tempus Fugit". It was just the right side of synthy cheese, but I sold the comp last week. This week, just behind the Bennett, is the Monkman LP for only a fiver !! Sold.

I took a load of my exchange stuff to Intoxica today. . all my Bruce Lee LP's etc. . .but they are "not buying". Guy behind the counter was nice though. Went to MVE and slapped a nice pile (2 Japanese Bruce Lee LP's, original Space 1999, my mint copy of the Silencers etc etc) on the counter. "£150 exchange or £100 cash". Yeah right ! Cyalater !

They do occasionally have the odd bargain, but when you try and sell to 'em (Reckless too in my experience) they really fleece you.

Comment

Which mve was it? the film one or the rock one?

I was there in both saturday and it all all shite.
        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Viva Chiba @ July 29 2004,23:59)]Oddly I had the other Bruton release that compiled half of Drama Montage with Francis Monkman&#39;s &quot;Tempus Fugit&quot;.
          Which Bruton lp is it?

David
          God bless Fatso.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (Viva Chiba @ July 29 2004,23:59)]that Alan Parker LP with &quot;Swirl&quot; on it looked good.
            the album&#39;s called &quot;9-10-out&quot; and i&#39;ve been banging on about it for ages now. it&#39;s a great record - &quot;swirl&quot; is nice, but you need the pounding &quot;gut&quot; as well.

also it contains &quot;joyride&quot; which i&#39;ve just done a cover version of, and many other good tunes ranging from powerful stuff, to slinky bossas. i love every track.

Comment

Cobblers. Maybe I should have exchanged something for it then &#33;&#33;

Was thinking of using the rest of my vouchers on a Kurosaw &quot;Yojimbo&quot; DVD. Yeh, it was the film one. The dance one also has a soundtracks section which is worth checking out - found a copy of the avengers / professionals by Lawrie Johnson there today &#33; (Now on my website for trade or whatever).

Hmm. I can&#39;t remember the bloody name of this Bennett / Monkman LP now. . .faack. Da, got it:

brk 1 (Bruton, obviously) driving force mike vickers. Brian bennett. Richard hill. Johnny pearson. Steve gray. John fiddy. Francis monkman. Frank ricotti. Les hurdle. Jim lawless 1978

It&#39;s actually quite good, especially as a producer&#39;s tool. Fairly funky, some nice little cues too.

There&#39;s one on this site -

Hey, did anyone notice this ??

http://www.sculptor.clara.net/ch4/disc-collection.html

NB, put a copy of &quot;Gun Man&quot; onto my trades list if anyone has anything for it. . .

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Viva Chiba @ July 29 2004,00:59)]They do occasionally have the odd bargain, but when you try and sell to &#39;em (Reckless too in my experience) they really fleece you.
                True enough with anything individually valuable, but they&#39;re good if you&#39;ve got bulk to get shot of - many a time I&#39;ve had more than fair deals from them on pretty general, bog-standard stuff. Probably because it&#39;s mostly overpriced in the shop itself...

Funnily enough, I&#39;m going to be down there on Saturday with a bag of old chuff I need to clear out...if there are no decent trades, my rejects will be paying for dinner in Chinatown on Saturday night&#33;
                a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

I never see any of the Bruton BRK series anywhere, for some reason - the BRD and BRGs are dead easy to find, on the other hand (which is good &#39;cos I love &#39;em&#33

The person who runs that website&#39;s actually selling off his library collection on eBay - it was from him I bought that copy of KPM1060 that&#39;s still lost in the post&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (wooly @ July 30 2004,00:31)]
                    Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Viva Chiba @ July 29 2004,23:59)]that Alan Parker LP with &quot;Swirl&quot; on it looked good.
                    the album&#39;s called &quot;9-10-out&quot; and i&#39;ve been banging on about it for ages now. it&#39;s a great record - &quot;swirl&quot; is nice, but you need the pounding &quot;gut&quot; as well.

also it contains &quot;joyride&quot; which i&#39;ve just done a cover version of, and many other good tunes ranging from powerful stuff, to slinky bossas. i love every track.

yep, top LP that one; &#39;Spice&#39; is wicked and lots of that buzz-flute gubbins too. &#39;Gut&#39; is the killer though.
                    new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (sermad @ July 30 2004,00:10)]Which mve was it? the film one or the rock one?

I was there in both saturday and it all all shite.
                      Was in both this morning, I have to concur with Sermad, the soundtrack one was chuff heaven, and I don&#39;t mean of the   variety.

There&#39;s a Hair OST in the dance one, the hawkshaw version if anyone wants it.  There was also a nice selection of nice Major Force West &amp; Nigo white labels I&#39;ve always been after, but at prices I&#39;m not willing to pay    But having said that it does obviously have a much better selection of new dance music than the brum MVE.

I have a few Bruton BRH libraries for any Disco Stu&#39;s out there, willing to trade for any weirdy beardy banjo music.
                      A ECOUTER FORT, INVITEZ VOS VOISINS&#33;"Hear this disc loud. Squat your neighbours&#39; ears"

Comment

OK, I went back into the film MVC and reserved &quot;9-10-Out&quot;. Will go and try to exchange some crappy soundtracks for it tomorrow. .. better be worth it &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Otherwise it gets slapped on the trade pile.

Speaking of which, my slightly iffy Japanese Bruce Lee Lp&#39;s are being sent back out East unless anyone would like to make me an offer on &#39;em.

Take a peek. . .

http://www.cdandlp.com/seller/2/1059...rcoverwoo.html

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (Viva Chiba @ July 30 2004,19:40)]OK, I went back into the film MVC and reserved &quot;9-10-Out&quot;. Will go and try to exchange some crappy soundtracks for it tomorrow. .. better be worth it &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
                          it&#39;s not everyone&#39;s cup of tea, but put it this way i wouldn&#39;t want to be without it.

Comment

[QUOTE]

- I got &quot;9-10 Out&quot; about four years ago and only really listened to it once. Played it again yesterday though as a result of this thread and it certainly is a banger - &quot;Gut&quot; reminds me very much of Parker&#39;s &quot;Heavy Water&quot; track from KPM &quot;Afro Rock&quot; - gboth great tracks. &quot;Swirl&quot; and another track one of the other tracks on side 2 are also great.

I&#39;ve also noticed that &quot;Joyride&quot; from &quot;9-10 Out&quot; was used as background music on film no.144 on the &quot;Charley Says&quot; Public Information Films DVD&#33; (The one about not polishing floors under rugs so people won&#39;t slip up&#33 Still on the subject of this DVD - can anyone tell me which library LP that brilliant big band funk music is taken from that&#39;s heard on film no.138 (&quot;Dangerous Diamomnds&quot? Sounds for some reason like a French Chappell to me&#33;
                            A leaping rocker with a strong mood, a moderate beat and a safari feel.

Comment

I think the Dangerous Diamonds music is a Syd Dale job - it&#39;s got a few musical phrases that turn up in other Dale compositions, and also the obligatory fuzz guitar, but I&#39;ve not been successful in tracking it down yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X