Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie vultures

Hi,

I was wondering how many members here are from Australia?

David
    God bless Fatso.

Sort of.  

I am a Brit, with an Australian partner & have spent most of the last 2/3 years bouncing back and forth between London & Melbourne.  Currently in the UK, but expect to be returning to Melbourne permanently by mid '05.

Comment

Hello All,

I am indeed from Australia, as I've probably mentioned before. I'm located in Brisbane, and quite near the city too. As for other members, I'll hazard a guess that Rolex Baxter is from Melbourne, as is John Idem. DJ Sheep is also a Brisbanite but is currently in Japan. That's about all I remember....

Comment

well, like Formigo I was blessed with the good fortune of being a Kiwi - have lived in Aus for the past 7 years tho, currently based in melbourne. A man of several nom's, aka hugh lucero, you might spot a contribution or two in the local hip hop mags ..

looking forward to seeing bruce's website

Sheep speaks of this man's digging energies in reverential tones!

Comment

i am australian too. may i say that the english cricket side will have their dose of reality once again next year. never learn do you?

bruce highway - is that you james? hows the 1200 doing? i too am from brisvegas aka brisneyland aka brisbane. how is mr sheep? (how can i get in contact with the bugger?)

rolex baxter - my apologies, i got your lps, many thanks! the cd has been in rotation, great stuff.
          High on my own supply.

Comment

word up Cal - good to hear! been enjoying your mix too

I know this is a weird looking addy, but Bevan is at: bevan(at)t.vodafone.ne.jp

Comment

Cal - No I am not James, but I've met him through Bevan... wonder if he's still got those 3 copies of that Polnareff lp! My name's Chris, I don't think we've met.

Rolex - thanks for the encouragement re: website, it should be all ready soon (though I've been saying that for the last 12 months&#33. If you're ever up this way feel free to drop me a line....

Comment

Well, hello to you all.
                I am in sydney. Its a shame we don't live any closer to eachother so as to form our own BRILLO. Sydney is so lacking in decent music in clubs these days.

If anyone happens to be in sydney 13th August, come along to PSYCHOUT (see post in the Events forum).
                I'll be supplying the visuals for the evening.

Cheers,
                David
                God bless Fatso.

Comment

ay - a good 1000k between melbourne - sydney and sydney-brisvegas

we do get the occassional vistor from the UK tho (those who can handle the flight&#33 - mr stapleton and raj mann being the most recent

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (rolex baxter @ Aug. 03 2004,04:44)]well, like Formigo I was blessed with the good fortune of being a Kiwi - have lived in Aus for the past 7 years tho, currently based in melbourne. A man of several nom's, aka hugh lucero, you might spot a contribution or two in the local hip hop mags ..

looking forward to seeing bruce's website  

Sheep speaks of this man's digging energies in reverential tones!
                    We will have to hook up when I get back to Melburn next year.  It will be good to meet up with some like-minded individuals...the fact that you are not a local can only be a bonus

Comment

Aussie vultures - can you help. just spoted Sven Libaek 's first lp called "the music of" on festival. i'm wondering if it's worth picking up - i'm quite a fan of his music and really like the other lp on festival called "Australian suite" - is it rare/expensive?
                      http://www.iueke.com/

Comment

I've seen it for 40 aussie which is around 15 quid - haven't listened to it tho

Comment

Is it just me, or does Melbourne seem like the best city on the planet? Was there for about two days a few years ago and, even during the non-digging day time, it rocks. Love to go back and properly explore.
                          http://jimcassius.blogspot.com

Comment

nice one Jim - melbourne is indeed a very cool city,
                            the pace of things here is very relaxed, its in the atmosphere
                            people are friendly, loads of gorgeous birds
                            good food, okay records

have lived in Sydney and Auckland as well - Sydney is cool but there are a couple of million too many there, and its real expensive. Auckland is a cool city too, but is being choked by traffic due to its epicentre being an isthmus (thats a narrow peice of land) a the fact that they have a very average public transport system
                            Melbourne is rather geographically challenged tho .. thats the one downside,

Comment

I noticed that too. Melbourne seemed very relaxed and the people are beautiful. Sydney can be very pretentious. I visited melbourne for 4 days and am planning to go back.
                              God bless Fatso.

Comment

Working...
                              X