Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The big chill!

Just got back. 3 days of utter mayhem!

Hooked up with Mr Hopkinson, Vibra, La Soul Fiend and Rich Hero, Dean R (WICKED SET&#33 & Bill Brewster (DIRTY SET!&#33.

It was all good. Lots of Too much and sunshine =

oh. and the story of how I met mr Hopkinson is just fecking hilarious! I'll write it up when Ive had some zzzz's!
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Thanks Sermad, kind words. It was good to see yous all there.
    Bearing in mind that I hate the basic idea of festivals - they are outdoors, and that I have only been to one of the things beforre - I thought the big chill was amazing and will definately be back for more next year. I wish I&#39;d been able to be there longer on Saturday.

Comment

Totally agree with you Dean. Wish the set would have gone on longer too&#33;

LOVED the rock/rockabilly stuff in there too. It was a right ole knees up in that tent&#33;

So come on then kids. Next year a vinyl vulture coach trip...

Comment

Hey, Serm, did you hear Sir Norman busting out the Soundly Beaten releases like they were going out of fashion? He played Welkshake and Dangerously Happy&#33;
        http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Norman Jay played Welk Shake and Dangerously Happy in front of about 10,000 people

Rob Da Bank played it. Mark Rae Played it. And possibly Tom Middleton.

That was all rather cool&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (sermad @ Aug. 03 2004,08:53)]

Norman Jay played Welk Shake and Dangerously Happy in front of about 10,000 people

Rob Da Bank played it. Mark Rae Played it. And possibly Tom Middleton.

That was all rather cool&#33;
            Nobody played &#39;Got some milk teeth&#39; then.......the infinitely better side IMHO.

Comment

Just about able to speak in sentences of longer than one syllable again (must&#39;ve been that last half of shandy...   ).

What a fantastic weekend&#33;&#33;&#33; Cheers for Sermad and Andy for persuading me to go (and Greg and his missus for hooking me up with a golden ticket), and to Serms, Andy, Sophie, Vibes and associates for making it such a cracking experience.

Five highlights in no particular order...

Scruff&#39;s Afternoon Tea sets on Friday.
              Coldcut&#39;s Friday night set (including the karate kid and Roots Manuva vs. Tom Jones).
              Dean and Roger&#39;s gritty set in the Fat Tuesday set (especially &#39;I&#39;ve Got Reasons&#39 - hope you guys get a later timeslot next year&#33;
              Bill&#39;s Fat Camp warming us up nicely for Saturday night (most of all that filthy, filthy electro track that was playing when we arrived - I assume it wasn&#39;t that Herb Alpert record...   ).
              Skitz and Rodney P bringing the bashment on Saturday night.

Plus being totally freaked by Big Dave H&#39;s posse, Serm&#39;s Eagle Eyes rendering radio communication totally redundant, hearing &#39;Balek&#39; and &#39;Get Thy Bearings&#39; drifting across a campsite (&#33, Andy&#39;s insider knowledge getting me through the weekend with ease, the fire balloons, the weather, the setting, the people in general...

Definitely get organised early next year for a full on Vulture trip.  
              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Aug. 03 2004,13:15)]Definitely get organised early next year for a full on Vulture trip.  
                Ahh, but we&#39;ll all be there anyway, playing in the &#39;Brillo&#39; tent.
                Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Aug. 03 2004,13:32)]
                  Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Aug. 03 2004,13:15)]Definitely get organised early next year for a full on Vulture trip.  
                  Ahh, but we&#39;ll all be there anyway, playing in the &#39;Brillo&#39; tent.
                  Who told you about that? (Not such a stupid idea...).

Anyway, I&#39;m not sure they&#39;ll lay on a helicopter for you so you may have to play a set via satelite link instead.  
                  You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Matt, I doubt that Brillo will be able to afford the helicopter needed to fly you in&#33;
                    Don't call it a comeback... H, N, and the number 7.
                    Ok, it's a bit of a comeback, I suppose...

Comment

Jinx&#33;

Comment

John Peel is playing bits from Big Chill tonight if&#39;n yer interested.
                        Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Working...
                        X