New records..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New records..?

Come on kids I need some good new-ish records!

Aspects Vs Little Barrie

Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five The Message (Paul Nice Super Duty Bootleg Mash Up)

The Bees - Free Bee - Has the awesome surf pop of 'chicken payback'.

BEATPHREAK: The Bomblike EP - This was decent. Not outstanding I thought.

... any more?

www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Diplo - Florida [fucking amazing album. I&#39;ve been caning this. I think it gets a proper release next month but there&#39;s promo copies floating around at the minute]

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind Soundtrack [never heard of John Brion before this film. It&#39;s mostly his music on the soundtrack which is beautiful. The rest is the Polyphonic Spree, ELO, Lata Mangeshkar, The Willowz, Don Nelson. All great. Love the film too.]

Express Rising - Express Rising [this has been out for ages and I&#39;ve had it quite a while. It&#39;s really grown on me though. Several cuts above many simialar sounding albums]

That&#39;s about it. I haven&#39;t gotten my mits on much new stuff recently.

Comment

Crusho - Traffic Jam
      Decaf - Sedation
      East of Gillham - Dials
      Djinji Brown - Abuelita&#39;s Dance
      Kyoto Jazz Massive - Eclipse
      Freddie Cruger - Running from love

There&#39;s loads about at the mo.......just haven&#39;t had a proper chance to check em all&#33;

Comment

I didnt think much of that freddie cruger to be honest....

Comment

Stuff I&#39;m digging:
          The Roots LP
          Van Hunt sampler on Capitol
          Los Hombres Invisibles - S.E.X.M.A.C.H.I.N.E. (bonkers electro cover of JB classic, not to erveryone&#39;s taste, but I love it)
          Had Mar Superstar - Dui (ace&#33
          Nelly - Flap Your Wings
          Quantic feat. Spanky Wilson - Don&#39;t Joke With A Hungry Man (Seiji Mix)
          Grand National - Peanut Dreams (what a brilliant song this is)
          Reuben Wilson - Got To Get Your Own (Domu Re-edit)
          Funky Lowlives - Till I Left The Music (Mark Rae Mix)
          http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

The only &#39;new&#39; thing I&#39;ve bought recently was ex Hijack MC &#39;Kamanchi Sly&#39;s&#39; new 12 called The Prodigal Son. &#39;The Catalyst&#39; track is pretty rough. (I mean that in a &quot;bad meaning good&quot; way).
            Official Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts available at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (sermad @ Aug. 05 2004,10:49)]I didnt think much of that freddie cruger to be honest....
              It&#39;s all about the &#39;B-Boy Disco Remix&#39; on the Running From Love 12&quot; Serm. Hot club beats action and no mistake. There&#39;s a rather tasty cut &amp; paste banger on the new one too.

I&#39;m feeling the Candi Staton &#39;Pepe Braddock Remixes&#39; 12&quot;. There&#39;s a track on it called &#39;Evidence&#39; which is a smashing raw soul tune with tough drums - don&#39;t know exactly what he&#39;s added or edited here but it sure sounds good anyway.

DJ Sublime &#39;Fruitsugar&#39; is a cool mellow soulful joint, hooking up the classic Larry Young&#39;s Fuel &#39;Turn Out The Lights&#39; sample with a new, modern vocal.  

Also the new Abdominal &amp; DJ Fase 12&quot; is worth checking for fans of their previous funky hip hop fayre.
              Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

I‘d add the following

DJ Numark &amp; Pomo – ‘Blend Crafters’ (Genuine LP)
                11 nice instrumental beats from one of the J5 DJs &amp; his mate.  
                Jazz Liberatorz feat Wildchild – ‘After Party’ (Kif 12”)
                - 3rd 12 from the French Crew &amp; is as good as the previous two.
                Presto – ‘Back in 92’ (Puma Strut 12”)
                - as ever top stuff from on of the UKs top hip-hop labelsÂ…with extra remixes from Boucher &amp; Beathoven.

Big disappointment of late has been The Roots – ‘Tipping Point’.  Apart from a couple of tracks, they have gone all jiggy.  Stay away.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (sermad @ Aug. 05 2004,10:49)]I didnt think much of that freddie cruger to be honest....
                  The man who is the much worshipped Red Astaire??

And this one so much better than his GAMM efforts. Hey ho&#33;

Heard any of the others yet?

Comment

I dunno the new cruger one wasnt all that. Maybe I heard the not so hot one.

Theres a new baker bros floating around too. anyone heard it?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (sermad @ Aug. 05 2004,10:18)]Aspects Vs Little Barrie
                      Is this still about ? If anyone sees one this weekend, can they grab a copy for me and I&#39;ll pay for it at Brillo.

Or, do Disque have any copies ?
                      Matt Hero

Comment

I like the new GAMMs.
                        Second the Blendcrafters - the version of &#39;Imagine&#39; is ridiculous.
                        Second Express Rising, and the b-side of the new Freddie Cruger - &#39;Boogie Down Sturesby&#39;.
                        The dub version of &#39;Just Kissed My Baby&#39; on Scenario - though the vocal side&#39;s shocking.
                        Abdominal and Faze LP&#39;s good.
                        Nicola Conte mix of Pilot Jazou &#39;Your Crime&#39;
                        Domu mix of Original Blackground Elements on Striking Hand
                        new mix of Zinc&#39;s &#39;Go DJ&#39;
                        Rob Sonic &#39;Dylsexia&#39; on Def Jux
                        like some of the Joseph Malik &#39;Aquarius Songs&#39;
                        Afrodizz LP
                        Koloko LP
                        We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Aaaah that &#39;&#39;Bap Yo Head&#39; 12 isnt the cruger ive heard. I checked out the one with the yellow ish cover and it was &#39;ummmmmm&#39;.

Is that blend crafters on 12 or just the lp?

Comment

What&#39;s that White Stripes vs. P.E. that was drilled into my brain last weekend?
                            You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Thats shite&#33;

You want 7 nation army cover by Nostalgia 77 Feat Alice Russell&#33; Awesome. Check out this months solid steel to hear it. ninjatune.net/solidsteel

Comment

Working...
                              X