Trumpet a go go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trumpet a go go

Saw an LP today, 'Golden Trumpets', which I'm pretty sure Lord Thames mentioned was the title of a follow up to The New World 'Trumpet a Go Go' LP on Saga. It was knackered beyond salvage, so I left it, but the weird thing is it had the same cover picture as 'A Go Go', but was credited to The Acapulco Brass and issued on Boulevard (who are, I think, a later incarnation of sorts of Saga anyway)...Was this the follow up under a different band name, or a completely different LP? The tracklist was pretty standard Tijuana titles, but it's all a bit perplexing, really...
    a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

it's a completely different LP that just happens to share exactly the same artwork as the Mike Gibbs one. It's rubbish - I picked a copy up a couple of weeks ago just for the sleeve coincidence, probably not worth the 30p it cost.
    We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Yep, totally different - I've got a spare one if you really want it!

Didn't know it had the same cover as the other David Moses LP, though - I know what to look for now!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ Aug. 07 2004,19:08)]Yep, totally different - I've got a spare one if you really want it!

Didn't know it had the same cover as the other David Moses LP, though - I know what to look for now!
        Cheers for the offer Lord T, but sounds like it mightn't be worth your postage! And thanks for the info, Mr Stapleton - your loss of 30p will undoubtedly save me 50p at some future date! Question is, what does the actual other New Worlds LP look like?
        a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

well I've got one coming on Friday - so I could post a picture at the weekend if no-one gets there first...
          We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Working...
          X