X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord Thames
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (vibra @ Aug. 12 2004,13:40)]A friend and I were in the pub discussing Test Card music the other day (as you do), and he mentioned a track he remembered that he's always wanted to track down. Apparently it had a 'spaghetti western' type feel, with whistling or a whistling type sound, but was otherwise very British sounding in arrangement. I think he said he's heard it in a few other places on the telly now and again since, and that it's a very distinctive piece.

Not a lot to go on obviously I know, but any ideas anyone?
    If it's got whistling in it, it might be by Frank Valdor - a lot of whistled test card music was by him.

One piece of whistly spaghetti western music which gets used a lot (although never on the test card to my knowledge) was Franco Micalizzi's theme from 'Un Pistollo Della Ave Maria', which must have been reiussed as a library track, 'cos it turns up everywhere.

A spaghetti western piece that was actually used on the test card was the theme from 'They Call Me Trinity', but that was a vocal track, so it's probably not the one. (And there's also Walter Rizzatti's disco version of 'The Man With The Harmonica', which is ace&#33

Any chance of any more info, such as whenabouts it was used, as I reckon I could probably find out what this is.

Leave a comment:

• LDJB
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]'Big Drum' sounds good though - does it do what it says on the label?
    Pretty much but in a library cheese stylee - I'll post up the proper A side title tonight.

Leave a comment:

• vibra
    replied
    'Big Drum' sounds good though - does it do what it says on the label?

Leave a comment:

• vibra
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (LDJB @ Aug. 12 2004,13:43)]There's a Les Reed 45 on Deram I have which might fit the bill - it's called something like 'Never Use a Gun With an Itchy Trigger' - the reason I don't know for sure is because I only ever play the b side (Big Drum) and I think the a sucks.

So there you have it - not much help as usual - soz
    Not at all Lee, even if that's not the one he means I'm sure he'll appreciate it. The man's western mad and he also likes his records, particularly 45s, so on the title alone I reckon that'll be right up his Corral!

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• LDJB
    replied
    There's a Les Reed 45 on Deram I have which might fit the bill - it's called something like 'Never Use a Gun With an Itchy Trigger' - the reason I don't know for sure is because I only ever play the b side (Big Drum) and I think the a sucks.

So there you have it - not much help as usual - soz

Leave a comment:

• vibra
    started a topic One for lord thames or test card fiends

One for lord thames or test card fiends

A friend and I were in the pub discussing Test Card music the other day (as you do), and he mentioned a track he remembered that he's always wanted to track down. Apparently it had a 'spaghetti western' type feel, with whistling or a whistling type sound, but was otherwise very British sounding in arrangement. I think he said he's heard it in a few other places on the telly now and again since, and that it's a very distinctive piece.

Not a lot to go on obviously I know, but any ideas anyone?
Working...
X