Yugoslav bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yugoslav bits

On Sermad's theme of Slovakian bits, there's three or four pieces of Yugoslav/Macedonian folk in my local Oxfam. No idea about them, any names/tracks that anyone knows are worth looking out for. They look a bit rubbish to be honest but you never know...
    http://jimcassius.blogspot.com

What label? Jugoton?

If their a quid a pop I would buy them. If they are crap I'll trade for them. I collect a lot of yugoslavian records anyways.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

if there jazz you can always contact me

just check the labels an the names because it&#39;s hard to tell whitout it...

could help ye

Comment

Not sure of the labels. Will check next time I&#39;m in town. From memory they were a quid or maybe £1.99. Trying to make head or tail of Serbo-Croat liner notes is not an easy task.

Comment

ack. £2 is a bit too much. Got a portable?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (Jim Cassius @ Aug. 13 2004,11:11)]They look a bit rubbish to be honest but you never know...
            Careful. Or you might end up with a similar haul as I did some months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Yemsky @ Aug. 13 2004,22:15)]
              Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Jim Cassius @ Aug. 13 2004,11:11)]They look a bit rubbish to be honest but you never know...
              Oh, that Jo-Jo Parodije has *got* to be good, surely

That&#39;s an FSO isn&#39;t it ? Wankel engine an&#39;all
              Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Aug. 13 2004,23:26)]
                Originally posted by [b
                Originally posted by [b
                Oh, that Jo-Jo Parodije has *got* to be good, surely  

That&#39;s an FSO isn&#39;t it ? Wankel engine an&#39;all  
                *ANY* offer will be accepted, holmes.
                No grazing though. Whole lot or nothing &#33;

Comment

Went in today, there were five LPs. I picked up two at 99p and one at 49p. I left the two with genuine folk dancers in national costume on the front right where I left them - can pick &#39;em up (99p each, both on Jugoton) if you want them Serms. Not listened to these yet but will report back...

Bitola, Babam Bitola (Macedonian folk songs and dances) (Jugoton)
                  Pjesme I Plesovi Naroda Jugoslavie (Yugoslav folk songs and dances) (Jugoton)
                  Pesme I Igre Naroda Jugoslavie (Songs and dances of the Yugoslav peoples) (RTB)

Can&#39;t wait to hear them.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Originally posted by [b
                    Miss Klik Klak&#39;s a looker&#33; Just auction her on eBay with the keyword &#39;Cheesecake&#39; and you&#39;ll be minted...

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

I&#39;ve listened and there&#39;s a few interesting novelty cuts on there...

The RTB one is pretty naff but there&#39;s a song called (?) Sto Se Sramis, Kirco by (?) Krnceva - Mancevski that&#39;s kinda standard ballad duet type stuff but a little bit odd and folky.

The Jugoton &#39;Pjesme...&#39; one is alright. I really like &#39;Zurli trestat nasred selo&#39; by Grupa Pjevaca
                      (kinda like a Yugoslav folky Ray Connif Chorus or something).

But the Macedonian one is cool. No funkiness or jazziness or anything but lots of novelty value stuff with pop-folk, some Middle eastern droney type stuff, accordions, the lot... I like &#39;Angel Si Ima Pet Sina&#39; by Aleksander Sarev (Yugoslav crooner), &#39;Zasvirel Stojan - Devojce, Devojce&#39; by (?) Vokalni kvintet &#39;Temjanuski&#39; (weird Eastern sounding, erm, vocal quintet I guess) and &#39;More Cica Rece Da Me Zeni&#39; by Vaska Ilieva (girl folk).

Any other Yugoslav stuff anyone would recommend? Can anyone translate those titles?

Comment

I pick up anything on RTB and jugoton always. 99% traditional but you get the odd bit of prog/psych/funk.

Anything connected to Tihomir Asanovic is worth a punt. Even the hardrock smak/time stuff has it moments. I dont know if I&#39;ve got my yugo records in london. Let me have a dig.

Comment

Josipa Lisac&#39;s first LP on Jugoton has a couple of good tracks on it - yer man Asanovic is on organ, and I think the other members of Time are on it too.  I understand it was quite a popular LP in Yugoslavia in 1973, so you might find one&#33;

Comment

I never picked up that Josipa Lisac lp but heard it was ok. She&#39;s apparently some dame edna everage looking old dear these days.

Lemme dig up a pic...

Oh and check the YU discog. Full of wonderful jazz and other nice things.

http://www.cosmicsounds-london.com/YU-JAZZ/yu-jazz.html

Comment

Stone me&#33;&#33; Mind you, she looks a bit scary on the album I&#39;ve got too&#33;

Did she do any other decent stuff? I don&#39;t think too many of her LPs made it over here.

Comment

Working...
                              X