Bust out the lino!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bust out the lino!

Hahah. I bet the old b*ggers on the forum shed a tear when they saw this!

Some decidedly non-electro records on there!

Expect to hear this records influence in all the new local garage/grime records in the next few months!

PS. Who's still got their streetsounds set? I collected all of them (even though Im too young) and I was offered a toooo good a trade for the lot so all they went. Kind of gutted now.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Think there&#39;s a similar thing coming out soon but picked by Don Letts of playing dub to punks fame...
    http://jimcassius.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] ]Think there&#39;s a similar thing coming out soon but picked by Don Letts of playing dub to punks fame...
      Yeah, I got the lp sampler, this one looks decent, no fresh prince for a start

sampler has
      Kraftewerk - metal on metal
      Hashim - Al-Naafiysh (the soul)
      The Clash - outside broadcast
      The Fearless Four - Rockin&#39;it

good start&#33;
      http://www.facebook.com/weekendsun
      http://soundcloud.com/weekend-sun
      http://www.myspace.com/weekendsun

Comment

does anyone else remember the time when Noel Edmunds was presenting the Brit awards, or something, and introduced a category with the following unconvincing words,

&quot;Call it rap. Call it electro. Call it Hip Hop. Call it great&quot;

Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (son of stan @ Aug. 13 2004,14:19)]does anyone else remember the time when Noel Edmunds was presenting the Brit awards, or something, and introduced a category with the following unconvincing words,

ooof&#33; who was he introducing? johnny hates jazz?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (wooly @ Aug. 13 2004,14:21)]
            Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (son of stan @ Aug. 13 2004,14:19)]does anyone else remember the time when Noel Edmunds was presenting the Brit awards, or something, and introduced a category with the following unconvincing words,

ooof&#33; who was he introducing? johnny hates jazz?

Nah, Matt Bianco....
            Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b

&quot;There&#39;s always been an 808 element to my knitwear...&quot;
              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

i was really chuffed to find vol 1 and 3 whilst digging recently.. wouldn&#39;t mind getting the british comp, haven&#39;t seen that about much for a decent price tho

Comment

Wasnt there a &#39;learn to breakdance&#39; record that came with lino?

Comment

haha, no idea&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (sermad @ Aug. 13 2004,15:33)]Wasnt there a &#39;learn to breakdance&#39; record that came with lino?
                      there was definitely a KTel breakdance record. have no idea if it came with a piece of lino, but there&#39;s got to be some kind of link between them and allied carpets. surely.

Comment

Yeah, I&#39;m sure I&#39;ve heard that about a breakdance record with free lino. No idea where I heard it or if its true mind...
                        http://jimcassius.blogspot.com

Comment

The K-Tel one came with a free poster teaching you all the moves and featured proper session TOTPs style covers of &#39;Tour de France&#39;, &#39;Rockit&#39; and ahem &#39;Breakdance Party&#39;. I have this. I have the K-Tel &#39;Breakdance You Can Do It&#39; video too with the fantastic Odis Medley. That&#39;s pure comedy. Never heard of a record coming with free lino though.

Comment

i saw the cd the other day.it gave me a nice warm feelin.makes me feel old though.i forget some of that stuff,s over 20 year old&#33; thankfully ive got all the &quot;electro street sound comps&quot; inc the box set. shame i dont own all the 12,s off them though&#33;if any one is from the north east &quot;sound it out&quot; in stockton had some in a while ago.they mite still have some left.they were cheap too.(they had the box set but sie got that one&#33

Comment

I saw an ad for the Don Letts comp and it looked nice. I&#39;ll see if I can pick it up asap.

Comment

Working...
                              X