The clapping song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The clapping song

I heard a brilliant version of the Clapping Song on a Carl Craig mix recently. It sounded like it was early 80s, funky. Any clues who the artist might be?
    http://www.djhistory.com

A long shot, and probably way wrong, but the Belle Stars did a version in about 1983.

Comment

Dean, you know I took that long shot and found a cop of Belle Stars a day or so after I heard the mix. That wasn't it (although it wasn't bad at all).

Comment

Bill, there's an ace version by The Minipops which came out in the early eighties obviously on the back of the Belle Starrs version. It's really funky. If the version you heard had wee nippers doing the vocals then that's the one. I'm guessing you would have mentioned that though.

Comment

Pia Zadora did a version of it in the early 80s.Could that be it?
          Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Aug. 17 2004,10:24)]Bill, there's an ace version by The Minipops which came out in the early eighties obviously on the back of the Belle Starrs version. It's really funky. If the version you heard had wee nippers doing the vocals then that's the one. I'm guessing you would have mentioned that though.  
            I downloaded this and I was surprised at how good it was. But it wasn't the one.

Pia Zadora, eh? Mmmm...

Comment

Having given up all hope of ever finding out what this was, I happened upon the 12-inch of Pia Zadora's version at MVE in Camden today for 50p and lo and behold it's the Zadora! Big up Carl Craig!

Comment

I like the Anita Harris version

Just thought I'd mention it
                "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

There's a cool early 70s version by the band Witch Way.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (taiconderoga @ Nov. 06 2004,22:33)]There's a cool early 70s version by the band Witch Way.
                    agreed on the Witchway version
                    We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Nov. 01 2004,18:07)]Having given up all hope of ever finding out what this was, I happened upon the 12-inch of Pia Zadora's version at MVE in Camden today for 50p and lo and behold it's the Zadora! Big up Carl Craig!
                      Fancy that,eh?
                      Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (son of stan @ Nov. 08 2004,00:30)]
                        Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Nov. 01 2004,18:07)]Having given up all hope of ever finding out what this was, I happened upon the 12-inch of Pia Zadora's version at MVE in Camden today for 50p and lo and behold it's the Zadora! Big up Carl Craig!
                        Fancy that,eh?
                        There's a great version of The Clapping Song by one Ian Cusick. I have it on a budget Disco compilation somewhere (i remember that comp had everything from Maximum Joy and Pigbag to Queen Samantha and War&#33

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (john stapleton @ Nov. 06 2004,22:37)]
                          Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (taiconderoga @ Nov. 06 2004,22:33)]There's a cool early 70s version by the band Witch Way.
                          agreed on the Witchway version
                          Do you have the Usa 45??
                          I got the spanish one...I wonder where they where from...my guess is that they were an euro studio band..

Comment

Working...
                          X