More ebay suckiness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More ebay suckiness

Just bought an lp (double) from a guy & he stated postage would be around £3.50 in his decription.
    Just recieved the invoice and it's for £3.90 (second class royal mail)

now i know £3.90 is "around" £3.50, but for 2nd class!!!
    & I know it's only an extra 40p but I think it's the priciple.
    I Just think he's takin the P a bit cause it ended cheap.

I sent a polite e mail, let's see what happens.

What d'ya reckon?
    pay the man or make a stand?

on a more +ve note, recieved about 25 lp's
    some doubles, 1 triple this morning, total P&P £7.50.
    Thats more like it
    http://www.facebook.com/weekendsun
    http://soundcloud.com/weekend-sun
    http://www.myspace.com/weekendsun

A double lp will be about £2.70 for 1st class! Not including mailer.

They cost me about 40-50p each so anything over £3.20 ish is postage profit! Which is a crime punishable by mantiovani death!

www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Thats the kind of answer I was looking for&#33;
      http://www.facebook.com/weekendsun
      http://soundcloud.com/weekend-sun
      http://www.myspace.com/weekendsun

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (sermad @ Aug. 17 2004,10:19)]A double lp will be about £2.70 for 1st class&#33; Not including mailer.
        Just out of interest, how much would it be including mailer and the cardboard package stiffeners?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Belson @ Aug. 17 2004,11:24)]
          Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (sermad @ Aug. 17 2004,10:19)]A double lp will be about £2.70 for 1st class&#33; Not including mailer.
          Just out of interest, how much would it be including mailer and the cardboard package stiffeners?
          Depends how many you buy but I pay about 14p for each one. Polythene sleeves are about 12p each.

I charge £3.25 for a double album. That&#39;s worked out accurately totting up all the packaging costs and sending it First Class. Obviously the weight of records varies so you can&#39;t charge every record at the exact cost unless you weigh everything indidually. Unless he&#39;s paying stupid money for packaging then this guy is making a little bonus profit on his postage.

Of course some people bump up postage charges to cover PayPal costs.  

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Aug. 17 2004,11:50)]Unless he&#39;s paying stupid money for packaging then this guy is making a little bonus profit on his postage.

Of course some people bump up postage charges to cover PayPal costs.  
            When you say he might be making a little postage profit, could you hazard a guestimate as to how much over the top you think he is with his quote. How much direct profit he will probably clear from his quote?

Comment

Greg, excuse me sticking my oar in, but I guess your getting at the &#39;for the sake of 40p extra just suck it up and get the LP you want&#39; line? I know what you&#39;re saying (if that is indeed what you&#39;re saying ) but if the seller&#39;s exceeding his quoted postage AND only using the second class post that is a little cheeky.

Personally, I don&#39;t mind paying over the odds as long as I know about it upfront. We all know roughly what postage costs and if someone&#39;s charging more than the going rate and states their charges that&#39;s fair enough, as l can choose whether to bid or not.

As an aside, I have a new postie and he wrote me a note on a delivery slip the other day...

&#39;Can you please get a bigger letterbox?&#39;

Still he dropped off some records this morning and then called back a second time when he realised he&#39;d left another parcel in the bottom of his sack. Which was nice.  
              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

I charge postage by weighing every record in a mailer with one stiffener if its in the uk and two if its overseas.

I charge 50p on top of postage for a double. If you go to www.covers33.co.uk you&#39;ll see I have to buy quantities of 50-100 at a time or I lose money over this. So anyone that charges more than 50p for a mailer is obviously getting them in low quantities. I think selectadisc sell them for a quid a pop?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Aug. 17 2004,12:15)]Greg, excuse me sticking my oar in, but I guess your getting at the &#39;for the sake of 40p extra just suck it up and get the LP you want&#39; line? I know what you&#39;re saying (if that is indeed what you&#39;re saying ) but if the seller&#39;s exceeding his quoted postage AND only using the second class post that is a little cheeky.
                  Not at all, Rich - with the extra 40p, if indeed 40p we&#39;re talking about, then we&#39;re talking somebody&#39;s a mars bar out of pocket.

And if the guy does this loads of times with loads of people he might clear £4.00.

Just trying to figure out what warrants ebay suckiness.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Belson @ Aug. 17 2004,12:42)]Not at all, Rich - with the extra 40p, if indeed 40p we&#39;re talking about, then we&#39;re talking somebody&#39;s a mars bar out of pocket.

And if the guy does this loads of times with loads of people he might clear £4.00.

Just trying to figure out what warrants ebay suckiness.

I guess this is the think end of the wedge though Greg - although pricing shipping is pretty difficult. I never get seem to get charged the same shipping twice when I take a package to the post office.

As for your postie Rich, cheeky bastard &#33; My postie is going to love my new letter box, 1/2 the size of my current one. I doubt that he will appreciate that it is a proper OG circa 1850 one that the house *should* have......
                    Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Belson @ Aug. 17 2004,12:42)]Just trying to figure out what warrants ebay suckiness.
                      See what you mean - it&#39;s the seller rather than the system that&#39;s at fault. Where I think eBay falls down in instances like these is feedback. I&#39;m always very wary of leaving negative feedback (in fact I don&#39;t, I just don&#39;t leave any) and getting negative feedback in retaliation. Don&#39;t know how to improve the system though so it&#39;s all very well me criticising...

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Aug. 17 2004,12:51)]As for your postie Rich, cheeky bastard &#33; My postie is going to love my new letter box, 1/2 the size of my current one. I doubt that he will appreciate that it is a proper OG circa 1850 one that the house *should* have......
                        He&#39;s new. As long as I get the records he can write what he likes. Although he did leave my &#39;Musique En Vrac&#39; behind the recycle bins, out in the rain yesterday so he&#39;s definitely a cheeky git. I also wonder about complaing to the PO about stuff like this - anybody else worry about postie retaliation? Jeez, I&#39;m a mouse not a man&#33;  

Comment

40p off each buyer is pretty good going. When I ebay I do about 50 records at once. So thats a nice twenty sovs I&#39;m nicking off folk.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Aug. 17 2004,12:58)]He&#39;s new. As long as I get the records he can write what he likes. Although he did leave my &#39;Musique En Vrac&#39; behind the recycle bins, out in the rain yesterday so he&#39;s definitely a cheeky git.
                            Ouch, it&#39;s never the cheapies that get left outside is it &#33;

Fortunatly, Caz is at home to get my parcels for me now I&#39;m out at work. On the occasions that they get taken back to the PO, it takes up to a week for me to get there when they are open
                            Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (sermad @ Aug. 17 2004,13:02)]So thats a nice twenty sovs I&#39;m nicking off folk.
                              You thieving b*stard&#33;&#33;&#33;

Comment

Working...
                              X