East european rare groove prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East european rare groove prices

Hello. I'm a crate digger from Poland. I'm interested in prices of east european rare groove lps in UK. How high they are (for example for a NOVI Singers lp)?

obviously depends on what it is and condition. Novi stuff usually goes for 40-90 GBP for their best LPs in top condition. For average good stuff, expect maybe 15-25, then goes up steeply for the really hard to find bits if they're in excellent shape. Ebay's forced the prices of these LPs down a bit in the last year or so...
    http://www.blaxploitation.com
    Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

I'm asking because now its easier to find NOVI or Milian lps in Berlin or Sweden than in Poland (especially "Bossa Nova" & "Bazar" Polish Jazz vol 17). I've never even seen "Bazar" in Poland ! The craziest collectors which I know don't have this lp, they have tons of other valuable & really rare uff from Poland in cheap prices, but to find that Jerzy Milian recording in Poland its almost impossible. Is it only because its trendy now to have polish (& eastern) records ? Are this trend was started by Jazzanova ?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (JARU @ 07 May 2003,15:01)]Hello. I'm a crate digger from Poland. I'm interested in prices of east european rare groove lps in UK. How high they are (for example for a NOVI Singers lp)?
        It depends wich novi singers ??
        Bossa nova (used to be 250 &#036 now it's more 100$-150$
        as ed says the condition is very important most eastern records are in poor shape so check first.

Comment

I'll give you a buck

Comment

On a kinda related note I am going to Croatia for my holidays in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know if there are any particular records to be sought out there?

Cheers
            Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (emperor tomato ketchup @ 13 May 2003,16:19)]On a kinda related note I am going to Croatia for my holidays in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know if there are any particular records to be sought out there?

Cheers
              It's very hard to find records in croatia.
              (there are lots of people searching stuff down there)

Where are you going?

Don't expect to find : tihomir asanovic, dusko goykovich , misa blam , rtb & jugoton jazz stuff ( but maybe you get lucky )

Comment

For a bit of low-cost Dusko Goykovich, look out for Woody Herman's 'Woody's Winners' (CBS, 1966 - probably not in Croatia, though&#33 on which he features heavily as both arranger & player: it's a very strong big band LP with a cover showing Woody surrounded by bright young ladies about a quarter of his age... '23 Red' is the best track, but the rest hardly slouches...
                a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

I have to debug that exclamation mark - bracket thing.

(beginning to annoy the hell outta me&#33
                  www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Does anyone know anything about Josipa Lisac? She&#39;s a Croatian singer who did an LP in 1973 on Jugoton I picked up for 25p a few years back.

Tihomir &#39;Pop&#39; Asanovic is the organist on it (in fact, it was here I first heard of him), and while Ms Lisac&#39;s voice is rather horrible, there&#39;s some really good moments on the LP. The track &#39;Lejaz Od Suza&#39; has a couple of breaks, and lengthy instrumental section (a nice funky brass/organ bit, and the one of the greatest flute solos I&#39;ve ever heard)

Has anyone found any of her other work (she was doing stuff well into the 80s), and is it any good? And is the LP worth anything? (Wishful thinking&#33

Comment

If you havent checked the cosmic sounds website...then it really is essential reading.

Wonderful reissues and a very nice chap running it.

I think asanovic was in a hard rock band &#39;Time&#39; (I have at least one of their lps) as well as doing two of his own lps - he also played on the &#39;Slatka lola&#39; lp which Ive never seen.

http://www.cosmicsounds-london.com/YU-JAZZ/Bpjosipa.htm

http://www.cosmicsounds-london.com/YU-JAZZ/yu-jazz.html
                      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

I&#39;m leaving on Saturday morning and will be in Dubrovnik and somewhere in the Makarska region. Digging is far from the main purpsoe but I reckoned it might be worth checking up to see if there&#39;s anything obvious to look for. I&#39;ll be checking out that cosmic sounds website right away.

Cheers

Mark
                        Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

I&#39;ve been to Zagreb few years ago. Records shops were pretty bad or very expensive. I don&#39;t know if it is still the same situation.
                          The only sure and foreseeable attribute of human affairs is their unforseeability; hence the trivialility of all the attempts in order to reduce the human action to a single reason, even interest.
                          Albert O. Hirschman (The concept of interest: from euphemism to tautology/1986)

Comment

2 weeks later and the prognosis is not good for crate digging in Southern Croatia. I didn&#39;t see a single lp anywhere and when I asked in a Music Shop the staff didn&#39;t have any idea where there might be any.

Still I had a great holiday so no worries.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (sermad @ 14 May 2003,13:27)]I have to debug that exclamation mark - bracket thing.

(beginning to annoy the hell outta me&#33
                              IS THIS STILL ANNOYING ?
                              Whats you&#39;re style ?

Comment

Working...
                              X