Wackies label

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wackies label

is wackies strictly a re-ish label, or has it been resurrected from a previous incarnation?

just wondering as i picked up a copy of the tribesman assault lp recently on wackies (great album) and, for all intents and purposes, right down to pressing quality and label copyrights, etc, it came out in the 70's. yet wackies now seem to do a lot of re-issues.... ? most confusing...

You got an OG Roots Underground? How much does this go for?
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Aug. 19 2004,13:51)]You got an OG Roots Underground? How much does this go for?
      10 euros to me due to it being poorly listed on eBay..

but i'm beginning to wonder if it's a re-issue given the wackies association, although i've never seen it knocking around in the uk. was wackies the original label?

Comment

wackies is an original label
        if its got a matt cover it should be an original the reissues tend to be in a shiny covers,

Horace Andys - Dance Hall Style the one massive attack borrowed from heavily was on wackies

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (vinylism @ Aug. 19 2004,13:55)]was wackies the original label?
          Noice! I *think* Wackies was the original label and they wouldn't be the only label to now be recycling their back catalogue. But I'm no authority. I've handled the reissue and it's pretty much like the cheap represses of all the soul and funk LP's - thinner card than thirty years back and non-laminated cover...
          You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Wackie's is definetly original label. Wackie's main man was Lloyd 'Bullwackie' Barnes and he was in Jamaica and UK during 70's working with different artists and producers and soundsystems. He moved to NYC, put up his own soundsystem first and later put up a studio and started to release stuff under name Wackie's round 1983. He recorded loads of stuff, specially dub stuff is really good (African Roots Acts). He also worked with people like Jackie Mittoo, Horace Andy and many more.

There's one good article that I've read... Searching... and here it is:
            www.jahsonic.com/Wackies.html

Here's an interview:
            www.rayx.freeserve.co.uk/wackies%20house%20of%20music.htm

Re-issue catalog can be found from here:
            www.wackies.de

And discography from here:
            www.rayx.freeserve.co.uk/wackies%20house%20of%20music.htm

Comment

Working...
            X