I'm a big fan of this incredible track.

Ive managed to pick up versions by the following:

-Roberto Delgado
    -Max Greger
    -SoftIce
    -Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass
    -Gato Barbieri

Any other good versions?

The Pete Winslow isn't too shabby at all... got a spare if you want it.
    Matt Hero

Comment

Blue Mitchell on Mainstream

Comment

and for something a little more modern (heretical, i know) why not try the gotan project version on their "la revancha del tango" set.

Comment

dont forget Herr James...not a bad one either!

Comment

Reuben wilson has done a very nice version, in fact Im gonna dig it out now and give it a play

peace
            parkz
            www.soundclick.com/bboyparkz

Comment

Ricardo, His Saxophone & Orchestra 'Last Tango In Paris' LP on Pickwick, 1973.

This is a great version with lovely percussive beats, low, grinding bass and ace sax blasts & squeals - it's got a really live, spaced-out jazz sound. Unfortunately the rest of the LP bears almost no resemblance whatsoever to the title track and is pretty dull.  

Definitely worth a punt for Last Tango though.
              Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Chicken Curry and his Percussion Pops Orchestra do a decent one (basically El Chicles under a different name, I believe) that was used on the BBC test card.

It's weird that there are so many good versions of this tune, and then I find the original is something of a disappointment.
                Perhaps it's just because Pete Winslow's was the first version I heard, and it spoilt me......

Comment

Ocho did a nice version on their 2nd album, the one with the pool table on the front.
                  A ECOUTER FORT, INVITEZ VOS VOISINS!"Hear this disc loud. Squat your neighbours' ears"

Comment

There's also an ill version by Julio Gutierrez

Comment

that Pete Winslow version turned up at a booter yesterday. starts off crap and then goes very good - nice tip, cheers!
                      http://www.blaxploitation.com
                      Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

I forgot to add Albert Hall's version on the Studio 2 LP 'Albert Hall's Grand Slam'. I'm surprised no-one else has mentioned this LP before - loads of brass and Harry Stoneham does some brilliant solos. Well worth looking out for.

Comment

If you do a gemm search on the title and chose seven inch.
                          There are versions by Mongo Santamaria and El Chicano,
                          anyone heard theese versions? I can't believe they are all bad

http://www9.gemm.com/c...._refno=
                          salchicha!

Comment

The other day I ordered THE LIMELITES - Sax Sex. Has a cover of 'last tango' sposed to be sax, organ and bongoey...well I hope it is! Was a fiver...I'll tell more when it comes!
                            www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

howard roberts (on the sounds lp)

Comment

Working...
                              X