Mixtapes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixtapes

Having missed the great VV mix swop because.....

a) I still haven't bought a CD recorder
    b) I am bloody useless at putting a mix together (as many of you - Ladyboygrimsby in particular - can attest)

........and noticing there were a lot of new mix cd's out, I wondered if you good people could recommend any to me?

I have broad tastes,so all genres of music please, as long as you consider the mix to be the best of it's type.

I hope you can help!
    He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

a couple I've been showing the light of day

RJD2 Diplo mix - a mate got this with his order of RJ's LP, very good mixing
    Paul Nice - Soul on the Grill, a bit different from breaks for days (there are still breaks), Paul lets some tracks run for a bit longer
    AEIOU2 - break D outta philly, top of the game
    Turning Point collective - mix of carribean & candian funky reggae tunes, very nice, only 1 big track tho, I got mine from KL in Canada

Comment

The new Cut Chemist mix "The Litmus Test" is really good, a kind of mega-mix of loads of his previous productions. Does this make me a back-packer?
      Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

The Quantic "Off The Beaten Track" mixtape is really good, jazz, funk and even a bit of reggae and steel drum stuff too, also kept really simple with tracks playin a long way through and no scratching jus good solid blends.
        I'm just an addict, addicted to music, maybe it's a habit, I gotta use it

Comment

If you like break mix's then you gota get

three sinister syllables
          click here

its a goody..

Comment

Deffo back packer there mr D. Heathen!
            www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

I should also say there is a 80&#39;s hip hop megamix coming out thats very very cool. More news when its comes...

Comment

And what of the long anticipated Sir Mad Solid Steel Mix, Serms?

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

That will happen one day. It&#39;ll deffo be my new psych mix and if it makes the cut then it&#39;ll be on&#33;

Comment

Thanks for the replies&#33;

Anyone know where I can get these in the UK?

Quantic &quot;Off The Beaten Track&quot;
                    Cut Chemist mix &quot;The Litmus Test&quot;
                    RJD2 Diplo mix
                    Paul Nice - Soul on the Grill
                    AEIOU2 - break D outta philly, top of the game
                    Turning Point collective
                    He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

i second the three sinister syllables.i was goin to post it up for you.but because i don,t own a cd player my mate taped it for me and did,nt label the tape&#33;
                      loads of nice doom,necro and non phixon breaks.talkin of which i need to noe a necro break&#33; its off the 1st 12&quot;. it goes like baby baby i get down on my knees for you.(im lead to believe its &quot;unchained melody-dione warrick&quotthanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (sermad @ Aug. 23 2004,12:58)]That will happen one day. It&#39;ll deffo be my new psych mix and if it makes the cut then it&#39;ll be on&#33;
                        Sounds cool, Mr Mad.

Funnily enough, got the old one on the office CD right now...just hitting the segue between Smith &amp; Chorlton &amp; Janko Nilovic, to be precise.

I&#39;ve also had Blighty, Mr Hopkinson, Emperor Tomato Ketchup, Wooly and Vibra entertaining me this morning, too. Not in person, mind...
                        a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (**kidsaer** @ Aug. 24 2004,13:53)]talkin of which i need to noe a necro break&#33; its off the 1st 12&quot;. it goes like baby baby i get down on my knees for you.(im lead to believe its &quot;unchained melody-dione warrick&quotthanks in advance.
                          Hmm - the words you mention are from &#39;You&#39;ve Lost That Loving Feeling&#39; though - Dionne probably did that too though.
                          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Sorry to go off topic, but I was reading through this and it suddenly dawned on me that, at this precise moment in time, after we met for a quick lunch and beer at the Angel yesterday, Sermad&#39;s hair looks *exactly* the same as his Legoman avatar... uncanny &#33;

Serm - go give someone with a set of shears a fiver...        
                            If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (Sie Vulture @ Aug. 24 2004,14:15)]Sorry to go off topic, but I was reading through this and it suddenly dawned on me that, at this precise moment in time, after we met for a quick lunch and beer at the Angel yesterday, Sermad&#39;s hair looks *exactly* the same as his Legoman avatar... uncanny&#33;
                              Er, that&#39;s the point you wally?&#33;?      

(Or has he grown a &#39;tache since I last saw him?   ).
                              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Working...
                              X