Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NRR: Football, eh!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Just to revisit the Emile Heskey discussion... according to a few people 'in the know' the reason he went from future star to above average over the space of a few seasons was because the Leicester coaching staff decided to move him from a winger and have him take weight supplements/gym sessions to make him into a more financially desireable bulky centre forward... Had the desired effect to a degree but took away his pace and changed his game completely.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Felonious View Post
      Almost as good as this one I was sent (published the same day ).

      The Japan Cricket Association has decided to move forward with implementing a few new measures so that cricket here can get closer to international standards.

      We'll need to provide 3 umpires for each game this year. At games in Sano, because the JCA offices are there and we can store equipment there more easily, the third umpire will be given a small handicam and will sit on the boundary, so if the on-field umpire needs to refer a decision, the "third umpire" will be able to replay it on the handicam and signal to the umpire whether or not the batsman is out lbw, etc.

      In Fuji-based games, the third umpire will stand together with the normal umpire at the bowler's end, and when there are appeals, the appeal will be discussed between the two umpires at the bowler's end, and each umpire will then signal whether they feel it was out or not. Considering that we have to give benefit of the doubt to the batsman, unless both umpires raise their respective fingers, the batsman will be not out.

      This should hopefully take the burden off the umpires a little and will lead to better decision making.
      https://oneboxrecordfair.wordpress.com/
      http://twitter.com/#!/obrftokyo
      https://instagram.com/obrftokyo/
      https://www.facebook.com/Its-Time-Fo...5685810999497/

      Formerly, lecturer at the University of Rome, with two commas and a full stop in the normal way.

      (=^ェ^=)

      Comment


      • Originally posted by enrico chiesa View Post
        Just to revisit the Emile Heskey discussion... according to a few people 'in the know' the reason he went from future star to above average over the space of a few seasons was because the Leicester coaching staff decided to move him from a winger and have him take weight supplements/gym sessions to make him into a more financially desireable bulky centre forward... Had the desired effect to a degree but took away his pace and changed his game completely.
        Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Brass Monkey View Post
          for a 3 month period in 2003/4 season Emile Heskey was without doubt the best player on the planet. these things are cyclical. he's due a short but stunning run of form.
          Jesus H Christ.
          http://picko-d-.podomatic.com/

          Comment


          • Originally posted by picko-d- View Post
            Jesus H Christ.
            2000 / 2001 season on reflection but it's easy to forget quite how imposing he was when he stayed on his feet. I'll stand by what I said though, for half of that season he was unplayable. He never played as well before or since.
            I know your game Lionel! I can see what you really are!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Brass Monkey View Post
              2000 / 2001 season on reflection but it's easy to forget quite how imposing he was when he stayed on his feet. I'll stand by what I said though, for half of that season he was unplayable. He never played as well before or since.
              you did say he was the best player on the planet, that was my issue

              yep he was half-decent when he began , but that was before teams soon worked out that he will run down blind alleys and is easily muscled out of the game.
              http://picko-d-.podomatic.com/

              Comment


              • Originally posted by picko-d- View Post
                you did say he was the best player on the planet, that was my issue

                yep he was half-decent when he began , but that was before teams soon worked out that he will run down blind alleys and is easily muscled out of the game.
                that was the year that little michael won world player of the year, he was little michael's BF. He set most of little michael's goals up for him. If little michael was the best player on the planet for the whole of the year, then Heskey deserves the best player on the planet tag for at least 3 months of that.
                I know your game Lionel! I can see what you really are!

                Comment


                • www.hastorresscoredforchelsea.com
                  I know your game Lionel! I can see what you really are!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Brass Monkey View Post
                    He'll be back at Atlético soon. He hasn't scored for La Roja for nearly a year, either. Time to bring back Raul, I reckon.
                    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

                    Comment


                    • Great touch and turn but I'm not totally sure he got the last touch on that.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by babycart View Post
                        He'll be back at Atlético soon. He hasn't scored for La Roja for nearly a year, either. Time to bring back Raul, I reckon.
                        Poor love doesn't look happy.
                        I know your game Lionel! I can see what you really are!

                        Comment


                        • Cherry Red Records are sponsoring Wycombe Wanderers next season. The goalkeeper's shirt is somewhat errr striking.

                          Wycombe Wanderers

                          https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/n...kits-revealed/
                          The Downstairs Lounge
                          http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
                          http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

                          Comment




                          • I got my copy of Let It Bleed signed yesterday, Delia was in a good mood as Norwich won and went top!
                            The Garden Facebook Blog

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X