Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• Barbara Lynn- she can sing, she can play, she can write, and this is a great clip. That guitar looks completely natural on her.

"You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

• This Italian Indie band came onto my show and recorded a session way back in 2003 which they filmed,
        and 14 years later one of them kindly sent me the footage! It's weird seeing the studio with old monitors,
        and of course it's all pre-internet for us at least, as we were only on the cable then and plugged into the
        city of Milton Keynes through it's cable system. All new MK houses were supplied with cable radio, but hardly
        anyone ever listened to it.
        I also had darker hair then and didn't have a 12 year old son - who incidentally will be doing a new show on the station soon,
        quite possibly becoming the UK's youngest regular broadcaster - blimey, I should be able to get some publicity out of that!
        The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post

This Italian Indie band came onto my show and recorded a session way back in 2003 which they filmed,
          and 14 years later one of them kindly sent me the footage! It's weird seeing the studio with old monitors,
          and of course it's all pre-internet for us at least, as we were only on the cable then and plugged into the
          city of Milton Keynes through it's cable system. All new MK houses were supplied with cable radio, but hardly
          anyone ever listened to it.
          I also had darker hair then and didn't have a 12 year old son - who incidentally will be doing a new show on the station soon,
          quite possibly becoming the UK's youngest regular broadcaster - blimey, I should be able to get some publicity out of that!
          I like them. Never heard of them before but I did enjoy that.

Comment

• I've just been listening to this recording of Hesperus which I think was my favourite track on 'Fain'.

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Xavier Cugat - Jungle Rhumba

A Chango!
                  Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

•  
                    The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

•  
                      The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• Posted this before but it's so good. Blows most of today's limp lettuces out of the water. What a sound from one guitar, one organ, a small drum kit and a tambourine. Who, these days, bothers to sort their cuffs out at the start of a song? Who plays the drums in a white suit with an orthodox grip? Who stops playing the guitar to play a tambourine when someone, whose raison d'etre in this song is to do virtually nothing but play a tambourine, is already playing a tambourine? Who dances like that? I wish I could dance like that. I've just watched this 5 times which is what I usually do when I put it on. Fifty years ago and fresh as a daisy.

Comment

• Heard this in a shop today and nearly bought it. Not quite as good on Youtube as I recall it being a few hours earlier. Some Youtube clips speed it up. I would like to hear it slowed down.

Comment

• What I wouldn't give to be able to go out and see something like this now.

Comment

• Blimey blast from the past there, sure I saw them years ago supporting Fugazi, could be mistaken. Fugazi were superb I remember that as they played for 2 and half hours with no talking in between or breaks.
                              Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

•  

Comment

Working...
                                X