Today's finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's finds

Hit the charities for the first time for around a month and found some interesting bits and bobs. Bit of soul/funk, some folk, rap, etc.

Dave Swarbrick - Rags Reels and Airs - UK folk
    The Chieftains Vol 1 + Vol 3 - Celtic Folk
    Heavy D and The Boys - Living Large
    Spoonie Gee - The Godfather of Rap
    De La Soul - Three Feet High and Rising
    The Four Tops - I can't Help Myself
    The Drifters Golden Hits
    The Four Tops - Keeper of the Castle
    The Four Tops - Main Street People - Shaft in Africa
    black sabbath - Greatest Hits
    Jackie DeShanon - Are you Ready for this
    Mary Hopkin - Post card
    Hammond Fever - On Deacon, no artists listed
    Sounds Orchestral - Sleepy Shores - The good one with Wigwam, Smoke Ritual, etc.
    Larry Page - Bridge Over Troubled Water - Dingo is funky afro
    BBC Detective Themes - Hanged Man amongst other things.
    Steven Smith and Father - This is bound to be shite but it has a great pic on the cover of a guy at the organ with his 5 year old son sitting in front of him at a drum kit.
    Martin Denny - Goes Modern
    Doc Severinson - Fever
    Kurt Edelhagen and his Orch - Sunshower - Covers of Jim Webb songs on Circle of Sound doesn't look very interesting until you see that the cream of Euro jazz musicians are involved, Jiggs Wigham, Karl Drewo, Bora Rokovic, Shane Keane, etc. I wonder????
    Francis Monkman - The Long Good Friday - Not the rare original but the 80's reissue. Anyone know what this goes for????

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Steven Smith and Father - This is bound to be shite but it has a great pic on the cover of a guy at the organ with his 5 year old son sitting in front of him at a drum kit.
    Indeed it is Mark but it's some sleeve - Format used it for a mix tape (think it was jumping the mixtape bandwagon).

Had a good day meself - think I've found a £100+ private press folk LP and a £100+ Canadian pop psych LP - need to do a bit of research though.

Found a spare of Benny & the Duke and an Indo Jazzmen too amonst others.

Not bad for dry as a bone EH!
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

I picked up what is ostensibly a £100 christian LP yesterday too...as well as Billy Jenkins' first LP.
      We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (LDJB @ Aug. 28 2004,18:01)]
        Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] ]Steven Smith and Father - This is bound to be shite but it has a great pic on the cover of a guy at the organ with his 5 year old son sitting in front of him at a drum kit.
        Indeed it is Mark but it's some sleeve - Format used it for a mix tape (think it was jumping the mixtape bandwagon).
        Actually, he's not too bad a drummer for a five year old!

I think they were on Opportunity Knocks or something in the 70s which is how an LP like that ended up on a major label like Decca!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (llmod1 @ Aug. 28 2004,16:37)]Francis Monkman - The Long Good Friday - Not the rare original but the 80's reissue. Anyone know what this goes for????
          i have the original pressing, never thought it was too rare, is it?

how much does it go for?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (themack @ Aug. 28 2004,21:57)]i have the original pressing, never thought it was too rare, is it?

how much does it go for?
            1st pressing, numbered sleeve with insert, black label print, 2000 only 1983 £100

2nd pressing, with insert, blue label print, 500 only 1983 £175

3rd pressing, with insert, blue label print, 5000 only 1984 £50

89 reissue £18

got this info from a 2002 price guide so it might not be 100% correct but it gives you some idea.
            I want to go to the land of ooog!

Comment

damn, i hope it goes for that much, i got mine for $18 US

Comment

Which issue you got???????????

Comment

i guess its the first pressing, it has the black cover, and its numbered on tha back. the label is C E S

Comment

Went to a couple of boot fairs this morning. Found mainly rock stuff destined for Ebay but I did manage to find a couple of interesting funky things:

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon - Complete with minty posters.
                    Pink Floyd - The Wall
                    The Rolling Stones - Big hits (High Tide and Green Grass) - Complete with poster booklet.
                    The Who - Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy.
                    Doors - LA Woman
                    Immediate Blues - Comp of early Clapton, Page, Albert Lee, Beck, Mayall.
                    Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains the Same.
                    Sonny Boy Williamson - Down and out Blues.
                    UK Subs - Crash Course - Purple vinyl Live lp that comes wit an export only bonus ep.
                    Kraftwerk - The Man Machine
                    Jack Bruce - Things we Like - Think this was sampled by Dimond D (??) which resulted in it becoming in demand with the hip hop guys.
                    Creative Source - S/T - Couple of blinding tracks on here, You Can't Hide Love and Who is he and What is he to You.
                    Jackie Trent and Tony Hatch - Mr and Mrs Music - This looks like a comp of a couple of LP's
                    Babe Ruth - First Base - Classic B Boy track The Mexican.
                    Diana Ross - Touch me in the Morning - Has the beautiful track Brown Baby which I first heard on a Muhammd Ali doc.
                    Soul Train - Double LP comp of artists such as Joe Tex, Don Covay, Etta James and loads more.
                    Get Up and Get Down to..... - Another comp with again Joe Tex and Etta James (Out on the Streets Again) but also Aaron Neville's brilliant Hercules.

How did you guys do?????????

Comment

heres my finds from the past few days

Comment

What's the De Wolfe?
                        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Underlay

Comment

do i see the paul humphrey drum record? hows that one?

Comment

in my picture? nope thats not in there, i couldnt tell you how it is. heres todays finds

Nathan Davis is a trader

Comment

Working...
                              X