Hello from a new member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from a new member

Hi to all on the site. I've been meaning to post for sometime but haven't had any worthy opionions/questions to bring to the board.

I live in the North East of England so "compete" with fellow Vultures Craig, Sie, Chris and Towny for small pickings (hello chaps&#33

Used to post on Soul Strut but can't be arsed with the "my record collections bigger than yours" attitude. I know there's no one like that on the more friendly Vinyl Vulture site!!

Have the same tastes as most on here ie soul/funk/psyche/pop/hip hop and still learning everyday.

Never really got into the ebay thing and question how detrimental its been to the whole record buying scene but that's a whole different post!

Currently feeling The Free Design and having to make do with the reissues. How difficult are the originals to pick up?

Cheers.
    "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Hello there

Welcome along!

I can't help you with the Free Design question but must compliment you on your introduction.

Sometimes a new members first post is

'I have just bought blahblahrareblahfunklp how much does it go for?'

and that's it

An introduction is always a more civil way to start on a board I think. I'm sure you'll get a reply on your enquiry as soon as the board members who have lives come back from their Bank Holiday debauchery/international jet set djing/gardening/looking after the kids
    He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

Hello there - I've got no life so here's some indication of proper Free Design prices (pricey):

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksear...xt=free+design

btw - My record collection's messier than yours
      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Have you got the second LP by them? "You Could Be Born Again" is my fave Free Design LP, pretty much because of "An Elegy"  - they're darkest track, not at all hippy skippy like their other stuff, which can get a bit annoying sometimes... crazy Christian families...
        http://wakeupanddie.com
        http://weirdgearnyc.com
        http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

And bonus points for the name sir - there's quite a few cycling fans on this board. Welcome!

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Well hello there fella,

welcome a board (ho ho&#33

Another northener eh? I can feel the board becoming
            more and more freindly as i write!

Which part of the North East do you inhabit,
            are you local ?

no help with the free design I'm affraid?
            and i know nothing about cycling!!!

Chris.
            http://www.facebook.com/weekendsun
            http://soundcloud.com/weekend-sun
            http://www.myspace.com/weekendsun

Comment

Nice one Campag - another Northern Vulture is always welcomed (one day we will balance up against the southern lads&#33

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Sie Vulture @ Aug. 31 2004,11:11)]...another Northern Vulture is always welcomed (one day we will balance up against the southern lads&#33

Yeah Sie, you flat-cap wearing, coal eating, whippet loving yokel. Cue chorus of soft, southern, shandy drinking taunts and the disintegration of VV in a shambles of Soulstrut-style handbag flapping...

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Free Design have apparantly been very sought after in Japan for many years so they may well have sucked up a load of the originals. So no shame attached to the reissues as far as I am concerned.

I read an interview with one of the members who was brought to a record shop there which had an entire wall of their stuff which made him think it was time to get back in the game. Pity the new album Cosmic Peekaboo mainly blows.

And in other news hi and wlecome aboard.
                  Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Thanks for the kind welcome and apologies for not replying earlier but my computer is a bit iffy at the moment so I ain't been using it.

Appreciate The Free Design info (bought another reissue this weekend so have 3 in total and awaiting a couple more on order).

Sie, you know who I am, as does Chris but I think I'll keep you guessing. Then again you could just ask Kidsaer.

Yes, I'm ashamed to admit I like cycling (was well impressed in July when I saw the discussion on this site about the Tour).

Cheers for now.
                    "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Campag Record @ Sep. 05 2004,21:03)]Thanks for the kind welcome and apologies for not replying earlier but my computer is a bit iffy at the moment so I ain't been using it.

Appreciate The Free Design info (bought another reissue this weekend so have 3 in total and awaiting a couple more on order).

Sie, you know who I am, as does Chris but I think I'll keep you guessing.   Then again you could just ask Kidsaer.

Yes, I'm ashamed to admit I like cycling (was well impressed in July when I saw the discussion on this site about the Tour).

Cheers for now.
                      Wotcha Nige ! and everyone else for that matter ! Been away from the puter for a long time so aint been checking in very often..............

did u catch (or anyone else) the Tour of Britain at all ?

I managed to get up to Oxenhope to watch em suffer

as ever an incredible anti climax (as i had repeatedly mentioned to the other half) but good to give Bradley Wiggins a bit of a shout along
                      SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

nice one chap, hello and welcome!
                        http://www.blaxploitation.com
                        Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

I knew it was you Nigel ( no, Saer didn't tell me   ) but was unsure for a second coz I knew your computer was knackered ! Glad you are back online ( I bet DustyGroove are glad too ! ! )

( the cycling reference meant it had to be you !   )

See you soon, I'll have a copy of LSD005 for you, perhaps see you down the market on Saturday morning for a chinwag ? Hope so !

Saer / Davey C / Stanton Miles - I'll see you guys at Tanners next week for your 45's...
                          If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Working...
                          X