Selling on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling on ebay

I was just wonderin' in some of you experienced ebay sellers could give me some advice on setting up, and selling for the first time. please.

what is the program called that helps you list thing faster?
    what works best low starts / reserves / etc?
    Is it worth setting up paypal, if its just a one off?

that all I can think of for now. but I', sure thereÂ’s more..

any help would be most gratefully appreciated.
    thanks
    marc

marc

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Thelonious MOke @ Aug. 30 2004,03:11)]I was just wonderin' in some of you experienced ebay sellers could give me some advice on setting up, and selling for the first time. please.

thanks
    marc

marc
    I sell on Ebay but don't really use any programs. I have a present temp[late I made myself.

I would recommend setting up a paypal sellers account, you'll pay a percentage to paypal but you'll get so much more moneywise from bidders, it also just looks mor professional.
    I also recommend getting some webspace so you can put up sound samples.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (Thelonious MOke @ Aug. 30 2004,03:11)]I was just wonderin' in some of you experienced ebay sellers could give me some advice on setting up, and selling for the first time. please.

thanks
      marc

marc
      just start with a low starting bid works better...
      get paypal but the problem is that you have to wait for your acount to be active (takes a few weeks)..
      good luck

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] ]what is the program called that helps you list thing faster?
        I think Turbolister is the main one. I never use any of those though. I have a basic template set up in Dreamweaver and lay out all my auctions using that. I'm not sure what the advantages are when using listings programs but I'm assuming it's why many auctions are listed in alphabetical order which looks pretty dull when you're browing through peoples lists. I prefer the more chaotic approach.

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] ]what works best low starts / reserves / etc?
        Different people will tell you different things and it really does depend on various different things. For example when ebay's quiet over the Summer it's been better to list at a higher starting bid but over the last couple of weeks it's been picking up again so there's more battles for records. Low starting bids can attract more bidders but equally you can ending selling something well below it's regular price.

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] ]Is it worth setting up paypal, if its just a one off?
        I tend to find about 75% of people pay with PayPal these days and it makes it simple to sell to people overseas so like Guzzo says you'll get more bids and your life will be easier. It will cost you that 4% on each payment but you'll still make more money. I don't recall it taking a few weeks to set up like pokesters say but things may have changed. Have other people had to wait weeks or is pokester some dodgy geezer?

I agree with Guzzo about audio clips too. It makes a huge difference and people really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Aug. 30 2004,09:42)]I don't recall it taking a few weeks to set up like pokesters say but things may have changed. Have other people had to wait weeks or is pokester some dodgy geezer?
          ouch ....

seems like I am    

Comment

When you register with Paypal, you have to wait for the confirmation code to appear on your bank or credit card statement, and depending on the time of month, it can take a few weeks for the statement to arrive... Though I guess you could speed it up through checking your transactions online...

None of this disputes the fact that Pokester is a dodgy geeza mind, despite not being a Cockney. Honourable geeeeza maybe?
            http://wakeupanddie.com
            http://weirdgearnyc.com
            http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Now I remember. Seems like you're off the hook, mr pokester.

Comment

Thanks y'all

much appreciated

Comment

Working...
                X