• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants their lsd?

hello chaps

Release date: Mon 6th Sept 2004.
    Studio G's Beat Group - Hi, Bird / Movin

Two lovely freakbeat funkers from the proper rare and expensive Beat Group LP.

All yours for the princely sum of 5 quid (or hopefully 4 quid at Brillo next week if they turn up in time&#33

Complete interviews, guff about the release and sound samples here:
    Licorice Soul LSD005

Hope you like it... the LP is coming out next, then another 45 towards the end of the year.

Thanks again to everyone for buying our tunes, giving much-needed advice and generally encouraging this crazy idea!
    http://www.blaxploitation.com
    Chops for show, groove for dough.

The usual 3 Ed - same for the LP.

Good luck with this latest release - not that you need it !
    Matt Hero

Comment

Ed. Here is a bit of a clearer cover shot!

Great interview. Ive wanted that nerosubianco record for a very very very long time. Wow. An og beat group 45 is out there too? cool.
      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

many thanks for that chaps - the new cover scan is now live courtesy of sermad.com&#33;
        http://www.blaxploitation.com
        Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

have to admit, i&#39;ve not heard that lp, but the seven looks good will definately pick one up&#33;

Comment

I&#39;ll probably be getting me one of these - any Roundtables left, too?

Just wondering - as there&#39;s a bit of a link with Mike Lease and Jonathan Weston, did Mike play on &#39;Jam For World In Action&#39;? I&#39;d love a full version of that (probably a bit prog/hippy for an LSD release, but you never know.....)

Comment

Just out interest how much does the og lp. go for these days?

Comment

Which lp? Beat group? Maybe £75 or so.

Comment

What? It&#39;s not 5 euros in Albania?

Put me down for the usual Edmundo - compliments to all the Licorice Soul chaps for doing a job well, blah blah blah...

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (sermad @ Aug. 31 2004,15:46)]Which lp? Beat group? Maybe £75 or so.
                    Thats the one, Cheers Serms

And is the difference between the og and the re-ish obvious? I think I&#39;ve seen that something by them has been reissued, or am I wrong? (apart from this lovely sounding 45 ovcus)

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Thelonious MOke @ Aug. 31 2004,15:54)]And is the difference between the og and the re-ish obvious? I think I&#39;ve seen that something by them has been reissued, or am I wrong? (apart from this lovely sounding 45 ovcus)
                      Well, the cover&#39;s the same but I think you&#39;d be able to spot the reissue (as in , &#39;yes the LP&#39;s been reissued&#39. I saw it recently for a tenner but I can&#39;t remember for the life of me where.

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

The reissue has different wording on the cover but I can&#39;t remember what the difference is - so, not much use there then.
                        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

The reissue has &#39;tenth planet&#39; on the front and has loads of bio stuff about the lp on the back. Its also an easy to spot one as the sleeve is kind of shiny papery thing.

Tenth planet also reished that nerosubianco lp.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (sermad @ Aug. 31 2004,16:58)]The reissue has &#39;tenth planet&#39; on the front and has loads of bio stuff about the lp on the back. Its also an easy to spot one as the sleeve is kind of shiny papery thing.

Tenth planet also reished that nerosubianco lp.
                            The Tenth Planet logo is only on the reverse of the LP.
                            It&#39;s titled as: Studio G&#39;s Beat Group
                            lower down: a collection of late 1960s music library recordings for film, television and radio
                            It was a limited 600 press but is still easily available.

Nice to have those particular 2 tracks on a 45&#33;

My fave track on the LP is &#39;Find Time&#39;
                            new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (Col Wolfe @ Aug. 31 2004,18:01)]My fave track on the LP is &#39;Find Time&#39;
                              yep, my favourite too. great lyrics... something like &quot;fiiiind tiiiiime - peel my potatoes... fiiiiiiiiind tiiiiiiiime - grrrrind my peppermill&#33;&quot;.  

used on &quot;abigail&#39;s party&quot; as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X