Demis roussos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demis roussos

Other than the Aphrodites Child malarky, has the fat tent pole got any tunes worth bothering with? There were four of his LPs in a local shop today, but I couldn't bring myself to get them all on a punt. One, I can manage, but four?
    Don't call it a comeback... H, N, and the number 7.
    Ok, it's a bit of a comeback, I suppose...

Le Jeune Fabre OST has good bits - nice Cecile Aubry work on it too
    new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

hey manzo... &quot;fire and ice&quot; has a pretty decent track on it, in the shape of &quot;o my friends, you&#39;ve been untrue to me&quot;. it&#39;s fairly psychedelic - it seems he was enlisting the help of french sessioneers at the time.

Comment

Cheers for that. In typical style, I&#39;ve managed to forget the names of the LPs in the shop, though I don&#39;t think that Fire and Ice or Le Jaune Fabre were among them. There were a bunch of French names on the back of one of the LPs, so I might go get that one.

Comment

&#39;Action Lady&#39; is a good disco type track as is &#39;L.O.V.E&#39; but I can&#39;t remember which LPs the are on.

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] ]&quot;fire and ice&quot; has a pretty decent track on it, in the shape of &quot;o my friends, you&#39;ve been untrue to me&quot;. it&#39;s fairly psychedelic
          And sampled by DJ Shadow no less&#33;
          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

clickity click click click

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (LDJB @ Aug. 31 2004,20:40)]
              Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] ]&quot;fire and ice&quot; has a pretty decent track on it, in the shape of &quot;o my friends, you&#39;ve been untrue to me&quot;. it&#39;s fairly psychedelic
              And sampled by DJ Shadow no less&#33;
              blimey&#33; never knew. it&#39;s a good track&#33;

Comment

It&#39;s on that Latryx track. Great sample. I love the guitar sound on that album. Possibly not a guitar actually. Maybe some Greek instrument. Whatever it is it sounds nice. I don&#39;t like Demis&#39; voice though. He spoils his album.

Comment

Fire and Ice is a pretty decent psych LP - obviously just coming out of his Aphrodite&#39;s Child phase - and there&#39;s a good disco-funk track on &#39;The Demis Roussos Magic&#39; called &#39;Make It Happen&#39;, arranged by Vangelis.

I bought a cache of Demis LPs just on the offchance, and they usually yield at least one track that&#39;s surprisingly good (if you had low expectations to start with&#33

Avoid the one with a big &#39;orrible painting of his face on the cover that&#39;s recorded in Nashville though - nowt to be had here.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Aug. 31 2004,20:49)]clickity click click click
                    Honestly, I *did* search the board, and the main site.

I may have forgotten to change the time period searched to earlier than this month, but that&#39;s a different matter.  

Cheers for the info guys, I&#39;ll have to pop down tomorrow and see if they&#39;re still there&#33;

If I haven&#39;t posted anything by 6pm tomorrow, call an ambulance for me; I&#39;ll have overdosed on too many bad tunes by the fat one.

Comment

&quot;the magic of&quot; lp offers up two good funky disco-ish tracks. and the one with &quot;l.o.v.e&quot; on is well worth it if you like a bit of funky disco.. it&#39;s quite hard to find too so well worth grabbing (well it took me a couple of years to bag a piece without paying money... nice though some of his tracks are, i couldn&#39;t bring myself to pay more than £1.00 for them)

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (manzo @ Aug. 31 2004,22:23)]
                        Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Aug. 31 2004,20:49)]clickity click click click
                        Honestly, I *did* search the board, and the main site.

I may have forgotten to change the time period searched to earlier than this month, but that&#39;s a different matter.  
                        Yeah, that &#39;this month or newer&#39; preset has gotten me a few times too. &#39;Newer&#39; being next month?

Comment

&#39;Souvenirs&#39; is the one with L.O.V.E on it, innit?

Comment

Souvenirs is the one with &#39;Action Lady&#39; on ::
                            FunkyDown
                            Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Aug. 31 2004,21:00)]It&#39;s on that Latryx track. Great sample. I love the guitar sound on that album. Possibly not a guitar actually. Maybe some Greek instrument. Whatever it is it sounds nice. I don&#39;t like Demis&#39; voice though. He spoils his album.
                              What Latryx song out of wonder?
                              I&#39;m just an addict, addicted to music, maybe it&#39;s a habit, I gotta use it

Comment

Working...
                              X