Polish composers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polish composers

Bit of a long shot, I know, but do any of you Polish Jazz/Easy fans recognise the surnames 'Poznakowski' or 'Korzynski'? If the names ring any bells, and you can put first names to them (and possibly provide info on any other work they've done), can you put it here?

Any help gratefully received - ta, chaps!

Andrzej Korzynski? Ryszard Poznakowski?
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Brilliant - that&#39;s probably the fellers&#33; Ta, guv - now for some research........

Comment

For Poznakowski check here: fairly good piece on the 60s scene, including some background and interview with him about his career -

http://www2.warsawvoice.pl/old/v493/Buzz02.html

All I know about Korzynski (if it&#39;s the same one Sermad names) is that he composed soundtracks for a few of Andrej Wajda&#39;s movies - never heard any of them (or more to the point, don&#39;t remember them from the films) but shouldn&#39;t be too hard to look him up on Internet Movie Database or at Allmovie Guide?
        a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Fascinating stuff - thanks very much.

I should explain that all this is related to some tracks used on the BBC test card in the early 80s, so I wonder whether the Andrzej Korsynski tracks may have actually been Polish film music originally? Wojciech Kilar&#39;s theme from &#39;Shadow Line&#39; was another test card track, so it&#39;s quite possible.

You don&#39;t happen to have any films with Korsynski music on them, do you Wayne?

Comment

Not sure which ones he scored, but in the early 80s (during the whole Solidarity thing) Wajda&#39;s movies became arthouse staples for awhile, and I remember seeing things like &#39;Man Of Iron&#39; and &#39;Man Of Marble&#39; around that time (God, giving my age away now aren&#39;t I?). Not seen them since, and don&#39;t have them on video or anything, but do remember noticing a few things that jogged my memory when looking up stuff on other Polish OSTs by people like Komeda...Actually, easier to run a quick AMG search, and [nips over to new page, returns etc...] hey presto - some films he scored&#33;

http://www.allmovie.com/cg/avg.dll?p=avg&amp;sql=2:97926~C

Now to head off and start a new thread that might pick your brains&#33;    
            a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Working...
            X