German psych-pop-funk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German psych-pop-funk

OK, I've exhausted all the ways of searching I can think of, and I'm coming up a bit blank on this - anyone know who Susan Aviles was, anything else she might have done etc?

Picked up a Philips 45 on Saturday, 'Eine Schone Welt' c/w 'Hell Wie Das Licht', and the a-side is fantastic. The flip is OK, and another 45 by her OK too, but really want to know if she did any more in this 'Eine Schone Welt' vein.

Writing credits are to Schadel/K.H.Freynick, and it seems to be 'eine PROM production' - not dated but I'm guessing early 70s or thereabouts? Well, if anyone knows, do tell - if not, don't leave this behind if you see it...
    a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

The only things I've been able to find are about composer Karl Heinz Freynik - he was involved in the German language version of 'Hair', and co-wrote the musical 'Phantom Der Opera' with Ingfried Hoffmann.  He's still involved in the music biz, and wrote the score for the German TV series 'Zwei Munchner In Hamburg' last year.

None of which is any help re: Frau Aviles, but it's a bit of background, anyway!

Comment

Cheers, Lord T! Freynick appears as writer only on the 'Eine Schone Welt' 45 (the other 45 seems to have been penned by Frau Aviles herself) but that does mean the great tune is his work...

Also found a couple of listings (but no real info) for 2 LPs on German Ariola, no dates, 'In Jeder Beziehung' and 'Mir Scheidet Keiner Mehr Die Flugel Ab' credited to a Susan Aviles, who I assume must be the same one. Classified as German Progressive/Kraut Rock, btw, but that could just be sellers' point-stretching there...
      a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Working...
      X