3 happy monsters on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 happy monsters on ebay

just thought i'd let everybody know that there's 3 happy monster LP's on ebay at the present, and a bobby & betty, well worth bidding on if you haven't all ready got one.

also one of the descriptions says the dialogue was sampled by someone, anyone know who by?
    I want to go to the land of ooog!

I seem to remember someone (Rich I think?) telling me that the Aspects have sampled it.
    www.myspace.com/thecromagnonband

http://www.wolfpeople.co.uk

Comment

Ah, I justy read the descriptions, the Aspects tune obviously isnt the rave track its talking about...

I have a copy of Happy Monsters that turned up in a charity shop without the cover, just wondered is the Bobby and Betty LP the same tracks but with different dialogue on the other side? worth getting if I already have Monsters?

Comment

'Twas Aspects (and Matt told me 'bout dat). He should also be able to tell you whether Bobby And Betty is the same as Happy Monsters, since he has both, but I'm pretty sure that they're not the same...

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

bobby and betty is well worth getting even if you have happy monsters, check out 'stereo gold award' in the labels of love section of this site for more info.

Comment

Cheers, think I might drop a bid on that then (if no other vultures have beaten me to it ::  )

Comment

yeah, go for it, i paid £14 for mine & then i found one for 50p at a booter, unfortunately i gave it to a mate otherwise i'd have sent it to you.

Comment

Knowing my luck that'll happen to me but I do like oddities like this and they don't often turn up in playable condition in the wild.

Comment

Bobby & Betty got an original UK issue on Marble March but was also issued (I think) on Happy Time (another Muller / Miller imprint). Well worth a couple of quid of anybody's money. The 'Space Party' track is a winner

'Happy Monsters is a totally different LP, but based around the same concept, with a story on one side and then songs loosely based on the concept on the flip. In this case 'Shake Your Tenticles' being the champ, with it being 'Papas Got...' (taken from one ofthe 'Soul Hits' series LPs) with squeeky noises over the top. Oh yes.

I was told that Aspects sampled the latter on one of their Lps, but I've never bothered to check.

I've got a 'Happy Monsters' sans sleeve if anyone wants it.
                  Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Sep. 05 2004,22:43)]I've got a 'Happy Monsters' sans sleeve if anyone wants it.
                    would love that, matt. i've not heard it!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (green man @ Sep. 05 2004,21:25)]Ah, I justy read the descriptions, the Aspects tune obviously isnt the rave track its talking about...
                      That'll be the first release on Moving Shadow: 'Earth Leakage Trip'

It samples "the windows are where the doors are meant to be & the doors are where the windows are meant to be"
                      He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

Happy Monster was sampled on an early an early Moving Shadow release, ‘Earth Leakage Trip’ was the name of the group or the song, I don’t have the record on me to check. It was a good one though.

Comment

Aspects sampled dialogue from Happy Monsters for the track 'Here Come The Monsters' on an ep called 'Revenge of The Nerds' in 1999 AND dialogue from Bobby & Betty for 'Sounds of The Earth' ( from the 'double b side' of the same name ) in 2000, both on Hombré . . . also, as well as 'Earth Leakage Trip’, I'm pretty sure The Orb swiped a bit of B&B at some point . . . and I've got a little 7" that uses it made by someone, rather charmingly, called 'bugger sod'
                          Laminated with Clarifoil™

also see : davidhopkinson.org

Comment

hey, where's my avatar gone!? I'm sure it was work safe!

Which is more than I can say for the Aspects use of the spindle on the B-side label - click with caution!
                            Laminated with Clarifoil™

also see : davidhopkinson.org

Comment

what is this record?

i did a search for it on ebay and came up with nothin

Comment

Working...
                              X