Fly like an eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly like an eagle

Anyone know of any covers of "Fly Like An Eagle"?

I vaguely remember hearing a Latin one many years ago... that was before record collecting twisted my mind such that I remember every record I ever hear of and forget the names of my dearest friends...

So I can't actually remember if it was real or not.

Neville Brothers and Seal, and some others I can't think of.
    http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

There's a track called Fly Like A Samba which I have on an Izhar Cohen album that might just cause confusion if you were
      Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Brothers Neville????

Seal?????

Okay... how about 70s covers...?

Actually the fact that the song came out in '76 makes it that much less likely that there's good covers out there eh...

This half-memory of the latin-rock/salsa type one is really bugging me...

Comment

erm, Mike Patton did one in his mr bungle guise.
          I'll get my coat.
          Laminated with Clarifoil™

also see : davidhopkinson.org

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (formigo @ Sep. 08 2004,04:02)]Brothers Neville????

Seal?????

Actually the fact that the song came out in '76 makes it that much less likely that there's good covers out there eh...  

Are you suggesting the Neville Brothers are shit, young man?

Comment

Originally posted by [b

To the sound of the alarm that goes off when someone makes the obvious answer on QI...

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Sep. 08 2004,17:04)]Are you suggesting the Neville Brothers are shit, young man?  
                Yeah, it was just Linda Ronstadt that made Aaron sound good...

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Sep. 08 2004,17:04)]
                  Originally posted by [b

Seal?????

Are you suggesting the Neville Brothers are shit, young man?  
                  Well, I wouldn't dare speak ill of musicians so dear to my old mum's heart... ...but I can't claim to be any great arbiter of taste (after all, I like the Steve Miller Band).

In fact I must plead ignorance. All I know is that something went wrong somewhere between Aaron Neville "Hercules" and Neville Brothers "Like A Bird On A Wire"...

...so when did their "Fly Like An Eagle" come out anyway?

Comment

Read the Neveille Brothers by David Ritz. When you've read that, come back and apologise for your terrible slur. More thany anyone, anywhere, they represent the whole history of black music from the 1940s onwards. They are Gods. I won't hear a word against. (Even if their recent stuff is a bit crap...)

Comment

Working...
                    X