Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On behalf of the family of Neil Suddes (Towny)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listening now - sounds awesome - thanks for this
    Rockwell
    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Sad, sad news. My sincere condolences to family and friends.
      OK: ready; let's do it ...

>>> Hobbies Of Today - RU12 EP: Unreleased South Yorkshire Post-Glam/Proto-Punk from 1977 <<<

Comment

• To all - I have been asked to post this message from Ruth, Neil's sister.

To everyone who has posted about Neil on the forum... you are an amazing, intelligent, kind, astonishing bunch of people. You wouldn't believe how much of a help it has been for me and mum and dad to read your eloquent, funny, incredibly moving comments on the site. I've just been reading some more and laughing and crying at the same time. Long may your community continue.

I have always been so proud of my brother... proud of his originality, his loyalty, his humour, his determination to stick to what he knows is right and fair, his refusal to sell out and his artistic and musical talent. And I loved him so much.

I will feel honoured to meet some of you next week and share some more stories in person. I also think your ideas for tributes to Neil are lovely.

Words can't really express how much you've all helped us over the last few days. Thank you.

Ruth Suddes
        If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

• This means so much - thanks Ruth.
          Rockwell
          Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• What a terrible loss. Too young. Here's to you Towny and your great mixes and taste in eclectic music x
            - - - -

Maybe its downbeat with depressing themes and technically imperfect vocals but it is an excellent example of a downbeat mix with depressing themes and technically imperfect vocals

A heathen, conceivably, but not, I hope, an unenlightened one

http://www.mixcloud.com/paulhillery/

Comment

• Originally posted by bodger View Post
              I have finally pulled my finger out and uploaded the sets he played at the Monte Carlo night in Milton Keynes last year (they can be downloaded) - enjoy.
              http://soundcloud.com/bodger/
              Cheers for putting this up James!

After listening to it, I think Neil's set alternates with some of the other DJ's on the night. From vague memory Neil basically played 60's/70's tracks, whilst the other DJ's played newer releases such as Rose Rouge (which starts the mix off)
              it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
              take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

• I once mentioned to Neil how much I loved one of his own tracks that he'd put on one of his mixes... and in true Towny style a cd arrived in the post a few days later entitled Ten from Towny.

Needless to say I still have this and given the go ahead from the proper source, I'd be happy to post up his songs.
                In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

• Wrote a little thing about Neil on my website.

Comment

• A quick google revealed this post on the Essential Modern Soul forum by Steve 'Jacko' Jackson regarding an LP that Neil turned up a track on that was then championed by Richard Searling and became big on the modern scene:

April 8th, 2007 07:53 AM

...also great to hear Clydene Jackson again. I remember when my mate Neil Suddes first discovered that about 10 years ago as a 50p car boot purchase in Cambridge off an old JazzFM DJ (Martin somebody) who was selling up a good few of his vinyl LPs. He passed it to me, I passed it on to Ged up north, he put Searling on to it and Bam!! Instant monster LOL )

Typical Neil! I've lost count on the number of records he put me onto over the years.
                    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
                    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

• I didnt know Towny, but this is very sad and shocking news...
                      My thoughts are with his family and friends
                      RIP

Comment

• Some photos

Here are a couple of photos of some good times with Neil. He loved yellow, as evidenced by the yellow jumper

New Year 2001

Dinner on top of our boat on the Cam

Helping to paint our new house 2002

Comment

• my fave pic of neil is from the first time I met him, here, taken at the first ever Byker Groove session on 29th May 2005.

and here's the last pic I took of him from the last time I saw him, sat with Ian T in a backwater Lincolnshire pub on 19th Feb 2010.

new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

• Originally posted by Pete Um View Post
                            Wrote a little thing about Neil on my website.
                            Really nice bit of writing that, mate.
                            "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

• Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
                              I once mentioned to Neil how much I loved one of his own tracks that he'd put on one of his mixes... and in true Towny style a cd arrived in the post a few days later entitled Ten from Towny.

Needless to say I still have this and given the go ahead from the proper source, I'd be happy to post up his songs.
                              Yes please. Does it have the Sweet Jams & Jellies track on it? That's a favourite of mine from Towny. He posted it on the board way way when. I should have it on a DVD-R somewhere but can't find it. Typically. Would love to hear any other tracks too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blighty View Post
                                Yes please. Does it have the Sweet Jams & Jellies track on it? That's a favourite of mine from Towny. He posted it on the board way way when. I should have it on a DVD-R somewhere but can't find it. Typically. Would love to hear any other tracks too.
                                It does have Sweet Jams and Jellies, and also the track Pete Um mentions on his webpage (great tribute BTW).

But I'm hesitant to put them up unless indicated that it's okay to do so though.
                                In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Working...
                                X