Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On behalf of the family of Neil Suddes (Towny)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having just heard this news in the last 10 minutes - don't get the chance to pop my head around this door very often these days - I'm still totally shocked.

Towny was always someone I looked forward to chatting to back at those old B-Music nights at The Cornerhouse or Byker Groove and he usually had an LP for me (gratis, natch because he was just that sort of bloke) that he thought I might like. Genuine, generous and a font of all knowledge.

I like to say something profound and pithy, but I can't. I can only echo the comments of those previous posters who can say these things better than I.
    Matt Hero

Comment

• Sad Times

Knew Towny from the Tanners and with him have put the world right many an early morning after.

Just totally shocked by the news and from it gained a greater desire to appreciate every moment with family and friends.

Words fail but memories wont.

His family and the people who moulded him should take great pride in the man they produced.

The amount of comments and heart break on this forum will be, and is only a fraction of the hurt felt by his passing and testament to infectious humor and intelligence.

Rest In Peace Towny

Comment

• I am just listening to the Tinsel Towny Bonus CD - rare !!
        Shall i upload it on here ?
        Rockwell
        Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Originally posted by flytipper View Post
          I am just listening to the Tinsel Towny Bonus CD - rare !!
          Oh yes please. I was painting doors to the 2008 one at the weekend (and yours, and Eric's) and it is very great
          Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

I am just listening to the Tinsel Towny Bonus CD - rare !!
            Please do mate - don't think I got one of them Tinsel Towny 2 got an airing in the car on the way to Wales the other day - wonderful - the boy had taste!!
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

• Originally posted by LDJB View Post
              Please do mate - don't think I got one of them Tinsel Towny 2 got an airing in the car on the way to Wales the other day - wonderful - the boy had taste!!
              And a very special way of putting the whole package together
              some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

• Tinsel towny bonus cd

http://www.divshare.com/download/12300968-f65

Hope this works - a cheeky bonus cd from Neil / no tracklisting - enjoy
                Rockwell
                Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

http://www.divshare.com/download/12300968-f65

Hope this works - a cheeky bonus cd from Neil / no tracklisting - enjoy
                  Brilliant, thanks Si. Unfortunately I can't D/L this until next week; is it the complete set of tracks Neil added to just 20 Tinsel Towny 2 CD's which we never got around to compiling?
                  <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

• Amazing, sounds like the mystery mix - thanks Si...
                    Time to say peace...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Townsend View Post
                      Brilliant, thanks Si. Unfortunately I can't D/L this until next week; is it the complete set of tracks Neil added to just 20 Tinsel Towny 2 CD's which we never got around to compiling?
                      I am not sure Ian,maybe not is a guess from me !!
                      Rockwell
                      Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• It's so sad to hear of this and I feel for his family and friends. He touched a lot of regular posters here with his knowledge, ideas and wit, and he had all three in abundance (most especially the former and plenty of the latter!). For every one of the regular posters who've commented and whose life he's affected, I'd say that are at the least hundreds - if not more - of lurkers whose musical tastes he's had an influence and impact on; in reality there must be tens of thousands of people whose lives he touched in some way through this forum with his incredible knowledge. Music was his passion, and a small part of his ideas, ideals and passion will live on in the mind of the anonymous "Unknown Lurker" who has bought - or ever will buy - because of Neil's knowledge, tastes and posts a slab of vinyl, or travel down a hitherto unknown avenue of music that "Towny" recommended. What I'm trying to say in my ham-fisted way is that there are a multitude of people he, we, and his family never even knew who will miss him; I think we all want to touch as many peoples'lives as possible in a positive way and Neil definitely did that.

Unfortunately I only knew him through this forum, but it's pretty clear to me from reading the posts from people who were actually part of his life that he was the same guy in reality that he came across as here as well - if not even moreso. I'm not the first to say I have regrets in never meeting him, and I'll genuinely miss him, maybe not even one iota as much as the people who really knew and were close to him, but I'd like to say I'll still miss him all the same.

I'll raise a glass tomorrow to Neil and dig out his "Tinsel Towny" swap CDs I have; it shouldn't be hard to find them, they've never really strayed far from the top of the pile of Xmas CD Swaps anyway.

Stuart
                        209: Qui vit sans folie n'est pas si sage qu'il croit

Comment

I am not sure Ian,maybe not is a guess from me !!
                          Perhaps those that did receive the bonus tracks could start listing them in the CD Swaps section?

Spot on there Rainbowffolly.
                          Time to say peace...

Comment

• this is the bonus CD / i was wrong...well worth having though for many reasons.
                            Rockwell
                            Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Here's something for those not involved in the current mix swaps. I've unearthed an early mix from Towny touching all bases back in the 90's. The skills and ideas he's displayed are stunning and have his trademark effortless mixing talent in full effect. I've included two different formats to download from each side of the tape.... As ever sadly missed....

http://soundcloud.com/bodger/sets/neil-suddes-mix-tape
                              Time to say peace...

Comment

• Listening now mate - much appreciated,a massive loss to so many people.
                                Rockwell
                                Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Working...
                                X