Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On behalf of the family of Neil Suddes (Towny)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flytipper View Post
    Listening now mate - much appreciated,a massive loss to so many people.
    Very true... Meant to say they can be downloaded and there isn't a track listing ...
    Time to say peace...

Comment

• Ta mate - that version of 'windmills of your mind' is a monster / sounds like Callier or Lucien -any idea??
      Rockwell
      Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Originally posted by bodger View Post
        Here's something for those not involved in the current mix swaps. I've unearthed an early mix from Towny touching all bases back in the 90's. The skills and ideas he's displayed are stunning and have his trademark effortless mixing talent in full effect. I've included two different formats to download from each side of the tape.... As ever sadly missed....

http://soundcloud.com/bodger/sets/neil-suddes-mix-tape
        Thanks a lot for sharing mate.

Interesting to hear where his head was at musically in the 90's.
        "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Originally posted by flytipper View Post
          Ta mate - that version of 'windmills of your mind' is a monster / sounds like Callier or Lucien -any idea??
          Billy Paul perhaps?
          Time to say peace...

Comment

Here's something for those not involved in the current mix swaps. I've unearthed an early mix from Towny touching all bases back in the 90's.
            Cheers - this is a corker... on the second part just now

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
            Healthy use of film clip dialogue in there too - this is pre-burn a CD at home - did he use tapes..?

Top work indeed
            "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

• Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
              Thanks a lot for sharing mate.

No worries, cheers.

I'd say as always pushing the envelope and messing with their heads...
              Time to say peace...

Comment

I'd say as always pushing the envelope and messing with their heads...
                I would have to agree mate.
                "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Originally posted by MPFlapp View Post
                  Cheers - this is a corker... on the second part just now
                  Healthy use of film clip dialogue in there too - this is pre-burn a CD at home - did he use tapes..?

Top work indeed
                  Yep, (high quality) tape - I don't think he dealt with cheap tapes... My transfer set-up probably doesn't do it justice
                  Time to say peace...

Comment

• cheers for posting this two-parter, some stuff I know (for a change!) and some I don't all beautifully put together, as you'd expect. Marvellous! Just coming to the end of the Marden Hill track, and the way he laid drums over the violin outro is perfect, just stunning.

***EDIT can anyone track ID a tune on side 2, starts about 22.20 "I got some news for you darlin and it goes like this…"? Brilliant stuff. Ta.
                    Last edited by jahshabby; 13-09-2010, 04:26 PM.
                    Back and to the left... back and to the left... back and to the left

Comment

• Originally posted by jahshabby View Post
                      cheers for posting this two-parter, some stuff I know (for a change!) and some I don't all beautifully put together, as you'd expect. Marvellous! Just coming to the end of the Marden Hill track, and the way he laid drums over the violin outro is perfect, just stunning.

***EDIT can anyone track ID a tune on side 2, starts about 22.20 "I got some news for you darlin and it goes like this…"? Brilliant stuff. Ta.
                      its ben sidran - about love from this record:

nice lp that. "about love" is by far the standouttrack. but such a lovely tune!
                      Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

Comment

Here's something for those not involved in the current mix swaps. I've unearthed an early mix from Towny touching all bases back in the 90's. The skills and ideas he's displayed are stunning and have his trademark effortless mixing talent in full effect. I've included two different formats to download from each side of the tape.... As ever sadly missed....

http://soundcloud.com/bodger/sets/neil-suddes-mix-tape
                        thanks very much for sharing!
                        its an absolutely brilliant mix made by a true genius!

Comment

• does anyone know the track that starts at around 34:10 on the a-side?
                          the voice sounds very familiar somehow...
                          beautiful music!

Comment

• Originally posted by effi_deep View Post

Many thanks that man!
                            Back and to the left... back and to the left... back and to the left

Comment

Yep, (high quality) tape - I don't think he dealt with cheap tapes... My transfer set-up probably doesn't do it justice
                              Transfer is spot on...

Edit: I think I phrased my tape question wrong - I meant to say - do you know if the film clips played under the records are off tape..? Just out of interest...

I used to record over free-bee chart casette singles to put chunks of edited film dialogue on to - then play them under the records... proper hassle, but effective - no sampler just a walkman, an input the the mixes and a pause button...
                              Last edited by MPFlapp; 13-09-2010, 06:02 PM. Reason: forgot the tape
                              "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

• Originally posted by effi_deep View Post

Originally posted by jahshabby View Post
                                Many thanks that man!
                                diagnosis correct, but it's a great LP, plenty more on there. Barney, check also Sidran's "putting in time on planet earth" LP, always cheaper than the "feel your groove" and contains the fantastic, blunted beauty of "now i live, and now my life is done" with clyde stubblefield on drums. file beside shwan phillips' "spaced"...

Comment

Working...
                                X