Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On behalf of the family of Neil Suddes (Towny)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much I can add to what's already been said, but he always seemed like one of the good guys in my dealings with him. Very sad news.

Comment

Awesome...

Hi guys,
      I am one of Neils oldest friends (we were in love for a while 20 years ago). I now live in Australia and have just heard the devastating news. I came straight to the web to try and touch where his life had touched. It was so beautiful to read the posts, particularly from those of you who had, as I did, the priveledge of being close to greatness. I am listening to Neils music, looking at one of the photos from his graduation show easing the pain in my heart by reading your generous words. I cant believe he is gone - tripping on your love, the staple singers...
      if you guys ever get the t-shirt made up I would love one

Comment

i still can't believe how sad this is.
        i can't even imagine how this must be for all of you that knew neil personally and for his relatives.
        my thoughts go out to you all.
        i'm so glad i even had the chance to know only a tiny little bit of his inspiring, genius, kind and funny mind.
        you will be very very missed around here sir.
        all the best to you, wherever you will play your records now.
        Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

Comment

Shocking news.

My deepest sympathies to family and friends....
          Those funny cars won't make the teardrops start/ but way up there is where she broke my heart

Comment

This is really awful news. I didn't meet him but clearly a very knowledgeable and witty bloke from all the many entries of his on this forum.

I'll be playing Towny's 2009 Xmas CD today.

Condolences to all his family and friends.
            Last edited by ninja simone; 20-06-2010, 03:46 PM.
            Boy George knew my father

Comment

Very sad news. My condolences to his friends and family.
              the monkey speaks his mind

Comment

Awful, crushing news

Condolences to his family and friends.
                Things ain't getting no brighter, load ain't getting no lighter.........

http://www.mixcloud.com/Ian_Barker/

Comment

Right now we should be waking up in Davey's house,hung over but full of life and ready to embrace the day...He had a knack for sleeping in odd spots,sometimes he would just lie down on a bare floor and go off for the night.,his snoring put mine to shame!
                  He could grow a better beard than me.
                  VG+ Points !!
                  He never ever compromised.
                  He had a passion for good food and drink.
                  Last year we spent a pleasant half hour perusing the display in a butcher's shop in Grange-over-Sands before purchasing the best pork pies we had both ever eaten.
                  So much unrealised potential.
                  I was looking forward to him staying at mine this summer.
                  He was a fine house guest,always entertaining,never any bull with him.
                  Totally honest.
                  Generous.
                  Full of enthusiasm for music,never jaded and digging constantly.
                  I keep having to pinch myself.
                  Rockwell
                  Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

My thoughts are with his family and friends. Totally rubbish news and way too young to go.
                    A Sound Awareness

Comment

Originally posted by flytipper View Post
                      Right now we should be waking up in Davey's house,hung over but full of life and ready to embrace the day...He had a knack for sleeping in odd spots,sometimes he would just lie down on a bare floor and go off for the night.,his snoring put mine to shame!
                      He could grow a better beard than me.
                      VG+ Points !!
                      He never ever compromised.
                      He had a passion for good food and drink.
                      Last year we spent a pleasant half hour perusing the display in a butcher's shop in Grange-over-Sands before purchasing the best pork pies we had both ever eaten.
                      So much unrealised potential.
                      I was looking forward to him staying at mine this summer.
                      He was a fine house guest,always entertaining,never any bull with him.
                      Totally honest.
                      Generous.
                      Full of enthusiasm for music,never jaded and digging constantly.
                      I keep having to pinch myself.
                      I'm really struggling this morning after the complete shock yesterday. I'm still numb and really can't find words at the moment, so thanks for this Sie.
                      <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

I had the privilege of knowing Neil for around 20 years.

He was one of my best friends.

I can’t find anything else to write at present.
                        it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
                        take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

This is shocking, saddening news. Towny was a constant element of this forum since i first joined all those years ago and it wont feel quite the same without him.

My condolences to his family, friends and those on here who new him personally..

Now celebrating over 1000 posts of nonsense.....
                          www.facebook.com/mindtrekers
                          www.soundcloud.com/mr-munch

Comment

Hard to take in & my heart felt condolensces to his family & friends.

I always thought Towny was one of those few members here who shaped this forum into what it has become. His passing will leave a big hole.

I did one trade with Towny after letting him know that this Forum had turned me onto Jazz.
                            I sent my meagre LP & got a small box back of Jazz LP's across several styles. I think that sums him up for me. He really wanted to share his love & knowledge of music even if it left him out of pocket.

Tomorrow at work i will be listening to Donald Byrd's Black Byrd, one of the LP's he sent me.

It's nice to know the guy will never be forgotten.
                            The Sound of Salvation blog

Final Upgrade Genuine Archive Item
                            Vault mint

Comment

very sad news.

Comment

This is deeply upsetting and shocking. I can't believe that we as a forum and a community have lost him, and that Neil's friends and family will be without his obvious warmth and wonderful personality.

What a sad day.
                                www.twitter.com/SeasonsTheyChge
                                www.myspace.com/SeasonsTheyChange

Comment

Working...
                                X