Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On behalf of the family of Neil Suddes (Towny)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocked - like a lot here, never had the pleasure in person, but ever since I first stumbled across the old VV forum where he was a regular contributor of 'Towny's Ten' charts he seemed like a pillar of the place, and one of those whose posts would always have you paying closer than usual attention because you knew he'd have something worth hearing to say...

A real shame, and far too soon.
    a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

So sorry to hear this sad news, all my thoughts to family and friends.

Comment

I am really shaken by this very sad news.
        I met Neil three or four times across the last few years, I can atest to the high regard he is held in. Struggling to put anything into words.
        He did this for our Preston meet a couple of years ago

Totally in my thoughts, my love to the family and friends.
        You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

Just found this forum by googling Neil's name as I've just heard he's died and know little else. I'm an old friend of his from Cambridge but I hadn't seen him for 5+ years. Really shocked and gutted. He was a wonderfully gentle, talented, interesting bloke and he did a couple of amazing remixes of my tunes that I am still doing live ten years after the fact. Thanks for all your kind comments. If anyone knows the circumstances of his death could they send me a private message please.

Comment

Really shocked like everyone else here. I never met the man, but chatted with him few times via PM. He kindly sent me a copy of "Tinsel Towny 1" after I requested it - which he didn't have to do, it was just a nice generous gesture a stranger, which seems to say something about the man. What a loss for the board, his family and his friends.

R.I.P.
            Last edited by Tsundoku; 20-06-2010, 03:22 PM.
            "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

We have lost such a valuable contributor - in every sense of the word - to this little online community of ours.
              My thoughts to those who knew him and his family.
              "THIS IS A FINE TAPE AND BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF YESTERYEAR WHEN THE MUSIC WORLD WAS GOOD AND NOT FOULED UP BY THE LONG HAIR SCURVES WHO JUST BEAT WILDLY ON ANYTHING AND COME UP WITH A LOT OF STUPID NOISE THat only damnfools and liars say they like it"

Comment

Just want to add, like everyone else here totally shocked by this news, never met him personally but always enjoyed his posts.
                condolences to his family and close friends

Comment

As with everyone else, I'm totally shocked by the news. Only met Towny properly the last time Fuz was down from Edinburgh and we had a pleasant afternoon's digging in Harrogate.
                  He came across as an intelligent, creative feller with oodles of enthusiasm and an easygoing manner.

I hope you rest easy, son
                  "Here comes the Fun Cooker!!"

Comment

Sad and shocking news.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Comment

• Sad and very shocking. I haven't seen Neil for a long time, but shared a house with him in Cambridge for a year and half. A really talented, warm-hearted and genuine person. My deepest sympathies are with his family,

Iain

Comment

• What sad news about Towny.

I never had the fortune to get to know Towny personally, but he came over here as a very pleasant and talented, not to mention knowlegable chap. His Christmas swap CDs are legendary. My sincere condolences to his family.

Comment

• Very sad news indeed. RIP. Tragically young. Thoughts are with family and friends.
                          http://www.keepup.co.uk
                          http://www.twitter.com/keepup
                          http://www.twitter.com/tomcentral
                          http://www.twitter.com/music_film_tv

Comment

• Sadly I never knew him beyond this arena and even more sadly I can't now. Nothing to say beyond that that hasn't already been expressed.
                            Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

• Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                              The manager of the Tanners was shocked, and saddened too, and said if we like to do something in his memory at the pub he would be more than willing to help out. So when the dust settles I think we're going to do a tribute night in Towny's honor.
                              Craig, I think that would be a fitting tribute. Please count me in, as and when.
                              Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

• Originally posted by Little Jimmy Oddman View Post
                                Craig, I think that would be a fitting tribute. Please count me in, as and when.
                                Will do Jimmy mate.
                                "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Working...
                                X