X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Charity Shop Challenge 2010 - It's Back and This Time It's Personal

The Charity Shop Challenge 2010

The Rules (strict adherence to these rules is positively discouraged):
    • This year’s challenge will take place in July, except for the ones that don’t.
    • This year’s budget is £10 or equivalent local currency.
    • As always entries must be posted in a separate thread entitled “my silly login name and the Charity Shop Challenge 2010” or variants on this theme.
    • All purchases must be made from Charity Shops, though exceptions can be made for other interesting retailers, and all purchases must be made within a 24 hour period – that is to say that Challenges taking place over a couple of days or the course of a week will not be considered.
    • Challengers must post a photographic record of their day with write ups. Remember, it’s the photos and the write ups that keep this thing interesting, the records you buy are almost secondary in importance apart from the obvious value of making a small contribution to charity.
    • This years label of choice is Marble Arch – if you see them, you’ve got to take at least one home.

2010 Side Challenges

The CSC 2010 Mrs Mills award for the Biggest Stinker
    This year we will be awarding a very special prize for the crappiest record found during your dig, but to be considered you must upload a sound file onto the thread (we can help you with this if you don’t know how). On 1st August we will start a vote thread where all board members can vote for the Stinking Bishop of the bunch. Trust me, we have arranged a very special prize for the winner with the mods – you won’t be disappointed.

The CSC 2010 Imelda Marcos award for the best footwear

2010 is the 1,000th anniversary of the invention of the shoe (probably) so, this year, we are looking for particularly impressive footwear, we’ll leave this to your creative imaginations but the rule is that to enter this challenge you must have documented photographic evidence of you wearing the outstanding trotter guards during your dig (you can bring your own or, if you’re feeling brave and recently immunised, buy on the day). As a regular shoe wearer and all round Dapper Dan, I (BM)will be judging this one, no votes, no bias, just my opinion. Again, the prize for this is simply magical and you will spend 12 months basking in the glory of your victory, as well as having some marvellous shoes.

The CSC 2010 Wedding Photographer award for the best group photo

The photos are always the most fun / terrifying elements of the challenge and this year we are looking for group photographs. The winner of this one will be the challenger whose photograph contains the most people who are clearly aware of what is going on. This is a simple headcount. We are very pleased to announce that the prize for this will be superb and you will be fighting amongst yourselves to claim the honour.

The CSC 2010 Loyd Grossman award for the best diggers lunch
    We want photos and descriptions of the lovely local food available to hungry diggers across the VG+isphere, the more exotic the better. As someone who clearly enjoys a Danish Pastry as much as the next man and has had a chain of cafes named after him, Gingham Kitchen will be judging this one. If you can make him reach for his haloumi early I’d consider it a victory. Again, the winner will receive a gift that just keeps giving and will be the envy of his online chums for a full calendar year.

That’s it. Fill your very smart boots.

Brass Monkey & Gingham Kitchen.
    I know your game Lionel! I can see what you really are!

Got a feeling twenty ten is going to be a good one...
    SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

got my little eye on The Wedding Photographer award
      The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Read and noted. Marvellous.
        Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

I feel so torn between the luring sillyness of the idea and the unevitable disappointment and pain of actually going through the experience. If I decide to join expect lots of dumb pictures of crap.

One question: How do you explain the group photo to people without sounding like a total loser?

And can I spend the 10 pounds on food instead of records???

Comment

Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
            One question: How do you explain the group photo to people without sounding like a total loser?
            "Hey, look at my shoes, my lunch and this rubbish record."

CLICK
            Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

How do you explain the group photo to people without sounding like a total loser?
              simple, you don't!

And can I spend the 10 pounds on food instead of records???
              no, sorry
              The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

If I decide to join expect lots of dumb pictures of crap.
                That's what we want. Was that not clear?

Comment

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
                  That's what we want. Was that not clear?
                  I mean LOTS of pictures of crap. And I mean CRAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Brass Monkey View Post
                    The Charity Shop Challenge 2010

• This year’s challenge will take place in July.
                    Well im going to be breaking at least one rule then, as im doing mine this weekend... The route has been selected, transport arranged, camera fully charged and all the various wedding photos that were on it are now deleted...
                    Now celebrating over 1000 posts of nonsense.....
                    www.facebook.com/mindtrekers
                    www.soundcloud.com/mr-munch

Comment

I mean LOTS of pictures of crap. And I mean CRAP.
                      I'm sensing some negativity. Is there another thread you'd be happier in? None of this is compulsory, you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Jimmy Oddman View Post
                        "Hey, look at my shoes, my lunch and this rubbish record."
                        my wife hears this far too often as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Muench View Post
                          Well im going to be breaking at least one rule then, as im doing mine this weekend... The route has been selected, transport arranged, camera fully charged and all the various wedding photos that were on it are now deleted...
                          Its your meticulous planning, attention to detail and dedication to the cause that holds you in such esteem here Munchy. I want another remix with the big fella that raps. Please fix this.
                          I know your game Lionel! I can see what you really are!

Comment

choiceness, chazzas are a bit thin on the ground in these parts (Nu Zild philanthropy clearly starts and then stays at home) but I've been out and about scoping the lay of the land and reckon I've got the makings of a long day of thin pickin's.

can't wait...

Comment

noted and understood!

I still reckon we should have an obligatory 'friends' video purchase! (see nnnghblth thread)
                              "THIS IS A FINE TAPE AND BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF YESTERYEAR WHEN THE MUSIC WORLD WAS GOOD AND NOT FOULED UP BY THE LONG HAIR SCURVES WHO JUST BEAT WILDLY ON ANYTHING AND COME UP WITH A LOT OF STUPID NOISE THat only damnfools and liars say they like it"

Comment

Working...
                              X