Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay anecdotes

Hi guys,

I'm writing thi small article on ebay and am looking for anecdotes on stuff and services that have been sold, or been tried to sell. i know of the slave ship, virginity and remember there was a hilarious wedding dress -type of action (anyone remember this in more detail?). I've also seen all the "8mm footage from 12.07.1972, Nevada, starting bid $10000000" -type of scams.

I also know cherie blair's handle and someone also told me tarantino's handle but i forgot it.

so please guys spill the beans and help me. i'm hangover and deadlines approaching fast...
    er

haunted rubber duck
    new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (mokka @ Sep. 12 2004,14:47)]
      Here is the wedding dresss story.
      What&#39;s the &quot;8mm footage from 12.07.1972, Nevada, starting bid &#036;10000000&quot; -type of scam?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] ]What&#39;s the &quot;8mm footage from 12.07.1972, Nevada, starting bid &#036;10000000&quot; -type of scam?
        some nutter trying to sell films with something that could look like a ufo. government denying knowledge and all that business. i remember the &quot;copy&quot; reading: people who were there know what is on the film. and that&#39;s all . no bids.
        er

Comment

several people have sold &#39;nothing&#39;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] ]several people have sold &#39;nothing&#39;
            for a good price?
            er

Comment

i think one went for 15 dollars or so. whether the money arrived is another matter&#33;

Comment

These two articles should be useful to you Mokka:

http://womencentral.net/weird-ebay-sales.html

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/Wo...ffiles231.html

According to the 2nd story, there&#39;s actually been a book published on the subject called &#39;Found on Ebay&#39;. I wonder if it mentions any Boogiejuice auctions, they&#39;re pretty unbelieveable eh?

I find it hard to believe that you could actually purchase a human head on the bay though, shrunken tribesman stylee or otherwise&#33;
                Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

The bucket of water was a good one.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/3182430.stm

bbc is full of good ebay stories.
                  www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

this site is &#39;interesting&#39;:

http://www.disturbingauctions.com/
                    We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

there was a bloke selling a complete kit of air drums last month.
                      http://www.blaxploitation.com
                      Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

how about the one where the journalist lost is job (even before he had it) because he spent too much time on ebay?

Comment

oh, and don&#39;t forget the ones where you can see people&#39;s private parts in reflections of kettles etc..

why am i telling you this?? where&#39;s my paper?&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (hayes @ Sep. 13 2004,12:51)]how about the one where the journalist lost is job (even before he had it) because he spent too much time on ebay?  
                            Errr...
                            You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Sep. 13 2004,12:57)]
                              Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (hayes @ Sep. 13 2004,12:51)]how about the one where the journalist lost is job (even before he had it) because he spent too much time on ebay?  
                              Errr...
                              Apparently they said he wouldn&#39;t be able to hack it.
                              Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Working...
                              X