Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chappell telecineradio series

Greetings Vultures,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if any of the "Telecineradio Chappell" series are worth getting.
    I have one volume and it seemed to be orchestral elavator music. Are there any lp's that feature tracks that are a bit jazzy or poppy?
    Is Paul Bonneau a name to avoid?

Cheers,
    David S
    God bless Fatso.

They're usually very much in the light orchestral mould, but every so often there's a nice bit of big band crime jazz on them, if you like that sort of thing. There's very rarely more than one track like this, though.

A couple of them also feature an ondes martenot on some tracks, which is good if you like that Theremin-type sound.

If you're looking for funk, though, forget it!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ Sep. 13 2004,01:41)]They're usually very much in the light orchestral mould, but every so often there's a nice bit of big band crime jazz on them, if you like that sort of thing. There's very rarely more than one track like this, though.

A couple of them also feature an ondes martenot on some tracks, which is good if you like that Theremin-type sound.

If you're looking for funk, though, forget it!
      personnally i found them all crap ..... sorry Lord T

Comment

Oh yes, I certainly wouldn't reccommend them to most people on here, they're not typical Vulture material, but 'Sur Le Ring' on TCR14 would make a rather nice theme tune for some b&w crime movie somewhere! They're definitely an acquired taste, but I've acquired it.

Luke Vibert shoved one of the ondes martenot tracks on the Further Nuggets comp, so at least I'm not entirely alone here!

(PS, anyone got any they want to get rid of? )

Comment

Working...
        X