Funk 45's boxset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funk 45's boxset

tempting...very tempting. anyone own this? I've had to resist temptation as I've already blown a wad of cash on other records. Is the listing correct at Dusty Groove? It says it's a limited uk release...but how how limited exactly? I'd like to nab a copy before they sell out.

"Tempting" depends on how elitist you are.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (mech1 @ Sep. 13 2004,21:09)]

tempting...very tempting. anyone own this? I've had to resist temptation as I've already blown a wad of cash on other records. Is the listing correct at Dusty Groove? It says it's a limited uk release...but how how limited exactly? I'd like to nab a copy before they sell out.
      I have been told that they are not LTD.
      there only noodles michael...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Yemsky @ Sep. 13 2004,21:29)]"Tempting" depends on how elitist you are.
        . I know absolutely nothing of the psych/funk/prog genres so I don't think i'd fall into the elitist category. I'd prefer to call myself a young Jedi in training surrounded by the Jedi Council of vinyl. 90% of the tunes discussed here are completely unknown to me....i'm still getting my feet wet as it were. so yeah, I have no clue if this Funk 45's release is worth it, I thought it might be nice to get my hands on some relatively inexpensive funk records since I never know what to look for when I go digging.

Comment

with a little searching you could pick up most of those 45's
          a resonable price on OG. (or is that being elitist ? )

But if your not fussy....and there's some nice tunes in there as well.

I personaly would like to have Originals, but not at the cost of a second morgage.
          Whats you're style ?

Comment

I actually prefer reissues to originals.

There's also a UK psych box set like this that I have seen about.
            Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (mech1 @ Sep. 13 2004,21:09)]

They've got 'em in HMV on Oxford St.
              http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] ]There's also a UK psych box set like this that I have seen about.
                Any details and where can I get one?
                "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (mech1 @ Sep. 14 2004,03:48)]
                  Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Yemsky @ Sep. 13 2004,21:29)]"Tempting" depends on how elitist you are.
                  . I know absolutely nothing of the psych/funk/prog genres so I don't think i'd fall into the elitist category. I'd prefer to call myself a young Jedi in training surrounded by the Jedi Council of vinyl. 90% of the tunes discussed here are completely unknown to me....i'm still getting my feet wet as it were. so yeah, I have no clue if this Funk 45's release is worth it, I thought it might be nice to get my hands on some relatively inexpensive funk records since I never know what to look for when I go digging.
                  This completely proves jazzman geralds point!

I'm relatively new to collecting records and although I prefer originals I would consider buying this as a good introduction/ to play out. grumpy old buggers eh?!

Comment

As someone who has been collecting funk for a while I see nothing wrong with the boxset. There's some decent tunes on there.

Some off the people who slated this collection on funk45 have secretly bought the records  

And some of them used to regulary play reissues and off comps when I used to hear them play in Reading  
                    records - one a week mixcloud
                    records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (LDJB @ Sep. 14 2004,09:10)]
                      Originally posted by [b
                      Not sure. It was in HMV in Oxford Street funnily enough. About £25.
                      Endless Tripe

Comment

22.99 in HMV at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (LDJB @ Sep. 14 2004,09:10)]
                          Originally posted by [b
                          there's actually two at the moment (six 45s in each) with two more 'imminent', all Decca/Deram stuff

box 1
                          Tintern Abbey/Accent/Flies/Virgin Sleep/Attack 'Try It'/Ice
                          box 2
                          End/Poets 'Wooden Spoon'/Syn 'Created by Clive'/Fire 'Father's..'/Attack 'Neville Thumbcatch'/Human Instinct

I got mine, again, from System - but I'm sure they're available at other fine record shops...
                          We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Hmmm, looks like it might be good value but I'm worried about looking like a shadow wannabe, bandwaggon jumpin etc. etc.
                            Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] ]Quote (Yemsky @ Sep. 13 2004,21:29)
                            "Tempting" depends on how elitist you are.
                            Saying that I allready own a handfull so perhaps i am!

a lot of fuss over nothing, thank got for this board where everyones nice to each other
                            http://www.facebook.com/weekendsun
                            http://soundcloud.com/weekend-sun
                            http://www.myspace.com/weekendsun

Comment

What's a fair price for 'Sexy Coffee Pot' these days?

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Working...
                              X